1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

New member & just bought the HTC Android Eris

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by iAndroiid, Dec 24, 2009.

1. iAndroiid

iAndroiid Android Enthusiast

Hey, my name is Chris and here is my story...

My Boss has the iPhone 3gs and I wanted to get the iPhone but since AT&T has such crappy service and coverage in my area a couple years ago I switched to Verizon. I didn't think that verizon would ever have a good phone to offer and I had a LG flip phone for about 4-5 years (could of upgraded twice already but held onto the phone b/c it always worked and i dropped it and cracked hte phone screen and it still worked flawlessly). Finally decided to upgrade once I held and saw the HTC Android Eris.

I have owned the phone for 2 days now and was un-happy with the battery life and was thinking about returning it but after reading up on some stuff today I turned certain things off and right now my awake time is well over 1+ hours (14%) and still have about 70% battery remaining and the phone got un-plugged at about 9am this morning and it's 8pm now. right over 10+ hours on and still 70% battery which I think is pretty good knowing i used it for calls and texts and messed around with some app's.

Also, My boss didn't believe me that I could download so many app's for free and also the fact that I downloaded "waze" gps for free. He thought for sure they would charge you to use it and I looked it up on the internet and proved him wrong that it is completely free service and app. He sorta got angry because he pays $6 dollars a month for gps for his iPhone and the app's cost money also. I think he sorta digs the Droid Eris since it's lighter than the iPhone. Takes better pictures and all around better in a decent amount of ways (too many I can list right now).

Well if anyone has any cool must have app's please list them so I can start downloading!

So far here are my *must have app's. All are FREE!
    • advanced task killer
    • handcent sms
    • screen crack
    • pandora
    • waze gps navigator
    • AK47 gun

2. TheNorthernForest

TheNorthernForest Android Enthusiast

Welcome to Android Forums! :D

P.S. - You have an awesome avatar and signature. I love a cornucopia of Android Bots taking over.

3. iAndroiid

hahah thanks!

4. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

5. iAndroiid

thanks

6. Carl C

Carl C Extreme Android User

Welcome to AF! [​IMG]

I hope you had a good Christmas (if you celebrate it) and have a happy new year [​IMG]