• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New "member" - Samsung Galaxy, Vibrant and Relay

bemmer

Lurker
Dec 31, 2012
Hello (community)! I decided to join the forum to learn more about "moving" from one android device to another (and bring along all of my "notes", SMS, etc.). I am helping my wife move from her Samsung Vibrant (great phone by the way - just an older model) to her new Samsung Galaxy Relay (also a nice phone - she selected it because she wanted the keyboard with buttons rather than just the virtual keyboard).

I/we have successfully moved her SMS messages (merged with the ones she had created on her new phone) using SMS Backup and Restore (from the Google Play Store).

Now I'm looking for the best way to move "Notes" (the standard app that comes with the phone) from her Samsung Galaxy Vibrant to her new Samsung Galaxy Relay.

So... I'm going to start searching posts on the forum.

If anyone has any questions about "moving" or "integrating/combining" SMS (backup) files - I'd be happy to help out however I can (since I was successful).

- Bemmer

Welcome Bemmer!
Glad to have you with us today and good luck on transferring your notes.
Although I am not familiar with both devices, I was just curious if there was some sort of "backup" from within the "Notes" application to where you can backup the notes to the sd card, transfer them to the other phones internal or external sd card:)
Just a thought! Thanks for joining us and offering to help others with your acquired knowledge of sms backups etc:D
That's what we're all about here....helping others, paying it forward!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones