1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

New Member that needs help.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by bward68, Feb 6, 2011.

1. bward68

bward68 Lurker

Hi all,
    Just joined the android forms. Hope to meet new people and get advise and help with the use if the android operating system.

I've just been given an EPAD from my wife and daughter. Everything was going well until I had an error that I do not know how to fix. Hence I have joined this forum to learn more about the Android operating system and get some help in fixing the problem I have.

Looking forward to joining in and helping when I can.

regards,
    Baxter.:D

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Wisenos

Wisenos Android Enthusiast

what's the error?
    with more info we could probably help you better :)
    and Welcome

bward68 likes this.
  3. bward68

bward68 Lurker

Thanks for the welcome.
    Sorry, I forgot to send the issue I'm having with my Epad and the Android application. I'm really new to this and will have to be taken step by step though the repair if possible.
    The issue is that when the I start up the Epad, an error message comes up straight away, the applcation Helixlauncher (process com.helixproject.launcher) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. FORCE CLOSE.
    If you have any suggestions or repair the program it would be greatly appreciated. I'll like to continue using te android system.
    Regards,
    Baxter.

4. ElasticNinja

ElasticNinja Android Expert

its seems a custom launcher (homescreen) was installed
    what you need to do is get to settings and application manager, and clear the data for the app

the easiest way is to search for the settings app (search button or long press menu)

BTW Welcome! :)

5. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time...

Welcome to the Android Forums!