1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support new memory card for EVO

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by phonegirl81, Jun 17, 2011.

1. phonegirl81

phonegirl81 Newbie
    None

Apr 16, 2010
    so I have the original memory card for my EVO but now I keep getting that little symbol that looks like a record with a stick LOL and says my memory is getting low. Can it support a 32? is it better to just go with the 32 instead of the 16? does your memory have anything to do with your texts and stuff or is it just the apps? does anyone know of the best place to get a new memory card? I was thinking about going to best buy..
    thanks for your help :)

Advertisement

2. olskool

olskool Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 26, 2011
    disabled
    Alabama in the woods.
    First check to see max your phone will support. Go to Walmart or radio shack, same card for less.
    32 real expemsive I use 16 and sync with pc to backup and keep memory clean.
    Memory is for docs, pics, music and non app downloads. Most apps can't go to card on stock.

3. kingp

kingp Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 19, 2010
    IT Systems Consultant
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Well, the EVO certainly supports the 32GB microsd card. I just recently upgraded from the included 8GB card to a 16GB class 4 card. It was 23 bucks at amazon, and includes a SD adapter for connecting it to a card reader. Link: Amazon.com: 16GB Microsd Memory Card: Electronics

Basically the SD is where you can store photos, music, and apps (that support being moved to the SD card). You can verify what apps are on your SD card by going to Settings, Manage Applications and then click on the SD Card tab. Those with a check mark in them, are already on your card. The ones without, are ones that can be moved to the card.

4. TREV21

TREV21 Member
    None

Apr 1, 2010
    Sounds like the dreaded low disk space warning!!!!! That's internal to the phone not the SD card. Crap I get that all the time yet I have 13 GB free on my 16 GB SD card. To bad developers are not required to make APPS all movable to SD at at least 90% of APP size. Would have more room on phone. Thant's why EVO 3D is a no go for me. Cost does not justify 512 MB of additional memory space.

Tags: