1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support New message notification won't go away

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by knightwing44, Jun 7, 2013.

1. knightwing44

knightwing44 Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2010
    Help.

Super Annoyed. Long-time android user. Love my S3 but today, man...

Ok, so I'm using Handcent. Received a text and now I can't clear that notification from the notifications bar. I clear it by swiping of going into it and it still comes back. If I actually click into it, it simply takes me to a blank message composition screen.

Tried a bunch of stuff. UNINSTALLED handcent. Reactivated stock messaging app. SAME problem, but now with the stock messaging app icon.

Cleared data, tried a bunch of googled suggestions - nothing. nada. VERY persistant. Disabled the stock messaging app and obviously that works, but that leaves me with no messaging capabilities.

Turn on messaging app again, and you guessed it - BACK IN THE NOTIFICATIONS BAR !!! ARH

Help me before my anger gets the best of me and my phone.

knight

Advertisement

2. egDonald

egDonald Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Male
    Elk Grove, CA
    I don't have a SG3, but I did use Hand scent on my Atrix 4g. I've encountered what you've described mainly when I got group messages.

I'll say this now, I have no fix or solution, only temporary relief until they (Hand scent) fixes it.
    While at the list of all text threads, if you press 'menu' button, there should be a option for "mark all as read"

Depending on how many text threads you have, it may take a minute or so.

Hope this helps.
    Good luck

funkylogik likes this.