1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

New microSD going read-only

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by salamideluque, Jan 4, 2022.

1. salamideluque

salamideluque Lurker

Today I made an upgrade from a SanDisk microSD 8GB to a 32 GB Kingston microSD but for the while it keeps showing that it goes into read-only mode because the SD card started working incorrectly. So I did formatting, unmounted and mounted again to see if it would fix and guess what? It keeps happening. I don't know what to do. My phone is Samsung Galaxy A01 (16GB ver.)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Could be the it's faulty, duff or fake? Because it should work no problems. Where did you buy the Kingston micro-SD? There are a lot counterfeit Kingston, SanDisk, and Samsung micro-SDs around, especially when bought cheap online, like from Ebay, etc.

puppykickr, salamideluque and ocnbrze like this.
  3. salamideluque

salamideluque Lurker

I bought it from an all phone/electronic retailer shop.

4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

It should just work no problems in your Galaxy A01, especially a low capacity micro-SD like 32GB.
    Suggest you check it with SD Insight, and it should show the manufacturer as "Kingston".
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.humanlogic.sdi
    You may want to return it for exchange or refund, if it doesn't work out.

That doesn't really a mean a lot to me, especially where I am(China).

I bought a new Samsung 512GB micro-SD for my phone, and as I wanted to be sure what I got was genuine and not duff or fake, I bought it directly from Samsung.

5. salamideluque

salamideluque Lurker

So yes, the SD card is definitely a fake one. Did a test last night with True SD Card apk and thr maximum capacity is 12 GB. I am going to the store to get my refund.

ocnbrze, Dannydet, puppykickr and 2 others like this.

Samsung Galaxy A01 Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews