• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New MoDaCo ROM for Hero released

Merago

Sep 3, 2009
Aberdeen, UK
Version 2.4 of the MoDaCo ROM has been released.

Changelog

Faster than 2.2!
Recommended for use with radio 63.18.55.06FU_6.35.07.08
New WWE core image
Another busybox update - 1.15.2 release
Added dropbear binaries in ROM (will add as a service in a later release)
Replaced CustomLocale with MoreLocales
Added IM application in ROM
Maps is now no longer removed
Other tweaks I forgot!

See more here.

How do I check which MoDaCo release I have?

Recent releases are named either "MCR2.X" (prior to v2.3) or "MoDaCo Custom ROM 2.x" (v2.3 onwards) in "Build Number".

my build number is still the original orange number 2.73.405.X. Is it the kernel number?

x.xx.405.x is a generic HTC build, not Orange. The first MCR version that Paul released based on 2.73.405.x was MCR2.0, so I'd guess that's what you're running.

Upvote 0
Hi Slug, so if I download the MoDaCo RoM, i'll just place this update file with the previous one in my sdcard directory and boot into the recovery image and flash the update?

Yup, if you use the "flash any" option (2nd from top iirc) you don't even need to rename it to update.zip. Remember though, the "core" version has to be installed - the "enhanced" update (if that's your choice) merely adds to that and isn't standalone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones