• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help New Moment, standby time horrible!

NoJive

Jun 8, 2010
Just got a Moment last Thursday, and am having major issues with the battery. I am running a custom ROM, the Vampire one, sorry can't remember the name or version at the moment. I have everything turned off that I don't need, wifi, bt, gps, and I have nothing syncing in the background. An example of what's going on: Today I pulled my phone off the charger @ 9:45am. I go into work, send some txts, check some things on the web. I leave work around 12:45, battery still showing full green, come home, make one call on the phone (less than a 5 minute call), then do not touch the phone till just awhile ago, about 3:00pm, and the battery was dead, phone had shut off. I have no clue what's going on, but unless I have the phone on charge all the time, I cannot keep the battery up. I am going to get Spare Parts and see what may be draining it, but any other ideas? I have read all of the battery guides, etc. I have not installed a task killer because I don't think it is needed for Android, and others get along great without one. Thanks!

Jive

How's your data signal a home? Almost nothing kills a battery faster than switching in and out of evdo or searching for a signal. In my basement I barely get an evdo signal, my phone will last a couple of hours with data on. If I switch to wifi (wifi sleep off), it's more like 6-7 hours. In a strong evdo area I get more than 10 hours or more.

Reactions: NoJive
Upvote 0
How's your data signal a home? Almost nothing kills a battery faster than switching in and out of evdo or searching for a signal. In my basement I barely get an evdo signal, my phone will last a couple of hours with data on. If I switch to wifi (wifi sleep off), it's more like 6-7 hours. In a strong evdo area I get more than 10 hours or more.

My EVDO signal at home is great, almost 4 bars. My previous phone was a Touch Pro 2, and it would go from 9-5 and still have more than half of the battery. I almost never put it on charge at work.

Jive

Upvote 0
Well, it was worth a shot. The Moment doesn't get great battery life, but it's not significantly worse than a TP2. Maybe hardware, maybe just a weak battery? If you can get by a Sprint repair center and complain politely, they'll give you another battery (if you're rude, they'll swap it). I never had a TP2, but the Moment gets better bat life than a TP. Good luck.

BTW, the bars are phone not data. If you see the data icon switching between 1x and ev frequently or staying off entirely, it can drain the battery even if you have a strong phone signal.

Reactions: NoJive
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones