1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

New Motherboard on my Samsung S3

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kane8484, Dec 18, 2012.

1. kane8484

kane8484 Lurker

My S3 was playing up after the jelly bean update. after the update my copy and paste stopped working and the phone was performing really sluggish. So I did a full reset on the phone which sorted out the problem.
    But a few days after doing this my phone started to reset on it's own which it never did that before, then one day when i got home from work i heard my phone get a notification so when went to the phone to see what it was my phone was stuck in the Samsung galaxy start up screen I pulled the battery out the phone put it back in and phone was still stuck in the start up sceen I could not even put the phone in the recover mode but I could put it in the download mode but could not flash the phone or anything. Sent my phone back to Vodafone then they phoned me to say I had rooted my phone and to fix it they will have to charge me 100 quid I told them the phone had never been rooted and it was updated via Kies but they was having none of it. So I told them send my phone back un-repaired which they did! in the end I went to a walk in Samsung repair center they took the phone and said they will have it for 48 hrs to check out the fault. a few hours later had call from Samsung repair center saying they had fixed my phone and said they had to replace the motherboard and that the phone now virtually brand new. Is this a known fault??

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. davidmanvell

davidmanvell Android Enthusiast

Not common. First I've heard of it. Might had just got a dud phone or maybe the update got corrupted.

3. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

Happened to me. Would just turn off in the night and light up the room with the splash screen. Did this a few times but one morning, just wouldn't react after a battery pull.

Went to 3 UK who diagnosed "motherboard fault" and the notes said "some parts replaced and soldered".

Once since it just turned off completely. Found out when my alarm didn't go off this morning. Wondering if the fault will return

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews