• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New Moto X now available on Verizon

Same here! I ordered an Ebony finish wood back on Friday and it said expected delivery Oct 22. I got the same email this morning saying it was shipped and arriving tomorrow. Don't take me wrong, I'm glad it's arriving 21 days early, but really Motorola? Your estimate was about 3 weeks wrong? But whatever, I had it shipped to work so I'm obviously not doing any work tomorrow. :)

Upvote 0
Ordered mine (black 32gb with navy back and blue trim) on Moto Maker last Friday, also with an initial delivery estimate of 10/22. Also got an early shipment notice, should be here tomorrow 10/2. When I first ordered I wanted one of the blue hula cases but they went out of stock literally right before my eyes (showed as available, when I went to select one it said out of stock, when I went back to look at the other cases the blue hula no longer appeared). I was able to order a case yesterday.

Looking forward to playing with the new toy tomorrow!

Upvote 0
Finally got mine ordered! After the poor office manager that's in charge of the work Verizon account literally spent 3 days on the phone and in emails with their customer support I was able to place my order yesterday.

Cognac Leather/Bronze Trim/Black Front, 32gb, expected delivery of oct. 23rd, but I already got a notification that its being assembled! So excited!

Upvote 0
I was talked out of a Moto X by a VZW rep today. He said the two he sold both came back. People said they were returning it because of lousy battery life and bad pictures. Pictures were bad namely because of a lack of image stabilization.

Not sure if I still want to try it since it seems like a pain in the ass to hey the 32GB model on an edge plan.

Upvote 0
Mine looks beautiful, feels very thin and smaller than I expected. My S4 looks really old in comparison. I can't comment on battery life yet, but I took a few pictures and I didn't see any issues.

My only complaint is the leather. Not really a complaint I guess, but it is a little harder and more slippery than I was expecting. I'll see how it wears and if it grows on me but my first impression is that it might not be much of a upgrade over the regular smooth back.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones