1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

New Motorola Droid owner

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by UKBananas, Nov 9, 2009.

1. UKBananas

UKBananas Lurker

Nov 9, 2009
    IT Manager
    Boston
    I've been envious of my GF's iPhone for a long time, but I'm looking for something else that doesn't have Apple's horrible lock down policy.

As soon as I saw the Droid adverts I was interested, and then read everything I could find on the web about it. I've always loved Google, and been using GMAIL since the very early days.

I picked my new Moto Droid up on day of release, and been learning about it since. It's an amazing device, I'm absolutely loving it. It's rare for me to be totally satisfied with a purchase, but I'm totally satisfied. Very well done to both Motorola and Verizon ;)

Advertisement

2. bigdroid

bigdroid Android Expert

Oct 31, 2009
    Campus Safety Officer
    Earlville, NY
    Welcome to the group!! :)

3. Carl C

Carl C Android Expert

Sep 11, 2009
    Student
    London
    Welcome to the Forums! :D

4. shivers316

shivers316 Godmember

Oct 18, 2008
    Welcome to the forums! :)

5. poconojohn

poconojohn Lurker

Nov 9, 2009
    Securities Auditor
    Groveport, OH
    While I like the Droid I've had a couple of problems. I had to go to Verizon today because when I was making a call outdoors I wasn't being heard...the people near me were being heard by the person I was trying to talk to. Must have been a problem with the noise canceling software. Verizon swapped out my phone and problem is gone. Now the other problem: When I try to charge the new phone things get really strange. My phone attempts to compose a text message. It just starts typing on the virtual keyboard. Has anyone had this problem? I have to lock the phone to charge it, but the phone then trys to unlock itself.

6. UKBananas

UKBananas Lurker

Nov 9, 2009
    IT Manager
    Boston
    Not had any problems at all, sounds very strange.

7. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Washington DC, USA

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

8. cjf911

cjf911 Lurker

Nov 10, 2009
    My new Motorola Droid has started making a strange popping sound when notifications arise, or just when I am poking around. Any thoughts? Should I take it back? Anyone else have this problem? I tried removing the battery and restarting the phone, but it didn't help.