1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General new n7 owner. a few questions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by phishguy, Jan 13, 2013.

1. phishguy

phishguy Lurker
    None

Dec 16, 2012
    I just got a nexus 7 and im curious about a few differences in jelly bean from this device to my galaxy s3 jelly bean. First thing I noticed is that the home screens don't scroll like they do on my s3, or the galaxy note 10.1. There is no direct access to a page and it stops at the extremes. Is this a setting or a feature they eliminated? Also, as for setting up users, does each user have access to logged in accounts of other users? for example, if I leave my facebook signed in, would my daughter be logged into it under my name? thanks for your help

Advertisement

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    That's because the Nexus 7 uses the stock Android Launcher and your S3/Note use Samsungs Touchwiz overlay. If you want the loop effect, you'd need to look at an alternative launcher like Nova, Apex or Holo Launcher.

Not sure about the facebook thing, I presume because you're signed in as someone else, it would recognise the FB app as not being yours so your daughter would have to sign in on her own. I can't confirm though, sorry. :(

3. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin'
    None

Jul 30, 2011
    Washington, DC
    As EP said, what you're noticing is the difference between UI's. As for scrolling stopping on the ends, that is actually how android behaves. "Infinite" scrolling is feature added by Samsung as well as many custom launchers as mentioned above. As far as accounts, has your Nexus updated to 4.2.1 yet? If so, there should be a way to turn on multiple accounts for the device, which should help the situation. I haven't played with them much so I don't have a lot of experience with them.