• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New name, same old crap

Chappie

Nov 29, 2009
I upgraded my htc with the one xl and had problems with it after a month I took it into EE shop and they sent it away. After I showed the guy in the shop what was happening he sent it back for repair. I've just got a phone call to say its back at the shop. I use the word back and not repaired as I have logged into the repair check site and it is saying no fault found? So I guess they have done nothing to it apart from do a factory reset which I have already done and told them that. I will go in and pick up the phone and probably end up back there again next week with the same problem. Exactly the same as when I was with t-mobile and I found the fault myself this being a fault sim card.

Fixing a phone does not consist of a factory reset and then sending it back to the customer?

What were the problems? Usually what will happen is when the device is returned, it will be reflashed (not just reset) and then run through a set of diagnostics. If there was a specific problem that can be tested, then they do that as well. If nothing shows up, they consider it "fixed".

If it's a marginal component that gets flaky when hot or under stress, it might no show up initially. If it happens again you have to be firm about wanting a replacement, which will most likely be a refurb and not a new phone.

Reactions: Chappie and Hadron
Upvote 0
I kept loosing its wifi connection and when you went into settings it crashed giving an error message, I cant remember what it said now but I showed the guy in the shop and it did the same so it could be replicated. Anyway I will go in and pick it up and try it, if it does it again I will take it back.

Thanks for your reply.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones