1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

new nexus 7 2012

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Mike2791, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Mike2791

Mike2791 Lurker

HI,

I live in UK and brought a Nexus 7 from Amazon, it came with a two pin charger and usb cable as well as a 3 pin USB plug separate.

I use the three pin plug which is not asus and plug the USB into it. The first charge from 10% took 8 hours to fully charge the device.

Is this right??? Or is the device faulty? Or is it as I am not using an official Asus charger that it took so long?

Any help appreciated.
    cheers,
    Mike

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jugg1es

jugg1es Newbie

What's the output of the charger?

3. Mike2791

Mike2791 Lurker

Its not a charger, its just a normal plug socket where you connect a USB cable to it, Like the IPHONE plugs that you just connect the USB into.

4. Mike2791

Mike2791 Lurker

From the look of the USB plug it seems to read 5V 1A is that right?

cheers.

5. John Bean

John Bean Happy Wanderer

It is not right. The Nexus 7 (2012) comes with a 2A charger that does not require an adapter to connect to the mains.

If you were supplied with a no-name 1A charger it will take a long time to charge, as you have already discovered.

funkylogik likes this.
  6. Mike2791

Mike2791 Lurker

Ah ok that is probably the problem rather than the tablet. Can you recommend a good replacement charger that will not damage the nexus 7 2012 at all?

7. John Bean

John Bean Happy Wanderer

Your title implied it was new; why does it not have the proper charger?

But to answer your question I'm not aware of any non-original chargers that will do a fast charge on the N7, but any generic USB charger with high output (preferably 2A) capability should work better than what you have now. Let's hope someone else can be more specific :)

8. Mike2791

Mike2791 Lurker

Thank you, maybe I should return it and ask for a refund if its not the right charger especially as I brought it from a UK site.

9. John Bean

John Bean Happy Wanderer

That would be my choice. The N7 can be a bit fussy about charging; you really should use the proper charger.