• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New Nexus 7 LTE

The Nexus 7 2 doesn't support Verizon's network, just their Lte network. So Verizon would be a bad decision with the new 7. HSDPA and Lte are supported with ATT and TMO, so they are the money carriers for this tablet!

Verizon's lte coverage is very wide spread, and might even have their lte network in more locations than t-mobile has their hspa network. I wouldn't consider Verizon a terrible choice for coverage, though at&t would probably be the best.

Upvote 0
Verizon's lte coverage is very wide spread, and might even have their lte network in more locations than t-mobile has their hspa network. I wouldn't consider Verizon a terrible choice for coverage, though at&t would probably be the best.
Correct you are, I have both Verizon and AT&T Lte! Verizon's Lte may be in more places, but when you are not in their coverage area you will get bupkis on th 7! AT&T is the best choice because failover the the fake 4G is still there.

As a side note, my Verizon Lte XOOM speed has been cut in half because it is oversold. Eventually AT&T's will too, but because of their late to the Lte table it isn't yet!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones