1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

new Nexus 7 owner

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by martinrharper, Dec 30, 2012.

1. martinrharper

martinrharper Lurker

Want to be able to use a USB stick. But scared to root in case I muck up my tablet. Is there an easy way? Or call I take it somewhere and get it done for me?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    VIP Member

Hi MartinRhopper and welcome to Android Forums!

You will want to spend some time here:

Nexus 7 - Android Forums

There you will meet other Nexus 7 users who can help you master your tablet.

As far as rooting goes: Rooting itself does nothing but unlock the device's "forbidden" system files and partitions. It's a very powerful thing and can make or break your device, depending on what you do with it. I was scared to root the first time too... I'm pretty sure we all were. No one is born an expert at this stuff, we learn as we do.

While I can't offer any specific rooting advice on the Nexus 7, I would respectfully advise you to read up, ask lots of questions, and root it yourself if that's the path you choose to take. That way, if something goes wrong later on YOU know how to fix the issue, rather than running back to whoever did the rooting for you. Information is power, and it's free here! :D

Great to have you aboard!

3. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator

Welcome to the forums!

hopefully Chief's assistance has proved to be useful to you. If you have anymore questions feel free to ask :)

Thanks for joining