1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

New Nexus To Be Released In October (Rumor)T

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by adiqayum, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Trooper

Trooper Android Expert

My thoughts exactly. Wait, why are my words now in red, hmmm.

Anyway, I am hoping for a Motorola Nexus. Probably not a chance until this time next year though. HTC not sure. I had a Droid Incredible but I am not a huge fan of their devices. Although I will say that their radios are at least better than Samsung. :)

Advertisement

2. teddyearp

teddyearp Android Expert

+1 ^^^^^ this. Or would it be +2, or +1,000,000 or +111111111?

With Google being the owner of both Android and Motorola Mobility, I hope, pray and ask for the next Nexus (or developer phone) be made by Moto.

And just to stir a now ancient pot a bit, in regards to a pre-release (and the gnex pre-release thread in particular), the carriers' employees are only going to get rumors until release date. The manufacturers' employees will know as they have to have the product ready to be delivered to the carrier on said date.

Just sayin' . . . . . .

3. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    VIP Member

4. aurora40

aurora40 Android Enthusiast

I heard it's gonna be a 4K OLED display, 3840x2160 with an octa-core processor. It will ship with Key Lime Pie, but the update to Lemon Meringue will be available for download the first day of sale, which will probably be Friday.

Today is trash day, so I threw my GNex out. I don't want it stinking up my house once it becomes utterly obsolete.

5. JE78

JE78 Android Enthusiast

I really hope its not any bigger than Gnex, I find that for me its the perfect size screen. Even the GS3 I find is too big, I couldn't imagine a 5" screen.

6. g_patrick15

g_patrick15 Android Enthusiast

New Nexus? Certainly. Key Lime Pie? Doubtful. It's already been noted that new nexus does not always equal new Android version. The Nexus One launched with an already available version, Eclair. Eclair first launced on the Droid. You can argue until you're blue in the face that the Droid technically was a Nexus, but it wasn't officially recognized as a Nexus. The Nexus One was the first upgraded to Froyo. So the new device could feasibly launch with Jelly Bean, and be the first upgraded to KLP when it launches in the future.

Also, this seems plausible and likely:
    The fact that Rubin is speaking lends credibility to a device being unveiled AND the dates line up well with past events.

7. sledge3n8

sledge3n8 Lurker

I could totally see KLP coming out this fall...Android 4.2 rather than 5.0. We could easily see 4.1-4.2-4.3 before a major release. E.g. Froyo 2.2 and Gingerbread 2.3.

8. g_patrick15

The more I've researched the Optimus G, the more excited I get about it potentially becoming the next Nexus. Killer specs, premium design (crystal reflection glass back), backed by Google. Hopefully they don't neuter it like Samsung did with the Galaxy Nexus compared to its other devices at the time. If it matches spec for spec with the original Optimus G, this could be the best phone on the market.

9. Homan13PSU

Homan13PSU Android Enthusiast

I think there's plenty of smoke from the rumors that 4.2 will be an incremental Jelly Bean release. Bringing KLP out six months after Jelly Bean would be silly and just further stoke the Android fragmentation talk.

10. g_patrick15

Funny how none of the big sites have picked up on this yet. I've been going to Engadget, The Verge (my personal favorite), Gizmodo (hit or miss) and BGR (not exactly sure why I still browse there. Old habits I guess. They lost credibility a LONG time ago) for my general tech news, and a good bit of them have a great bit of Android news and rumors. But the only nexus news I have seen from either of them over the past month was regarding the possible 5" HTC nexus. I know a few months ago there was news on the general sites about a possible LG nexus, but no followups. With the amount of iPhone coverage (deservedly so, they are a big name and the leaks were plentiful) leading up to the 5, they were chomping at the bit to get news out. I usually come to Phandroid and occasionally Android and Me for my Android news, and suitably so this is where the real news is coming from. Android and Me will be in my daily rotation now, just as Phandroid has been since their inception.

11. NaterTots

NaterTots Android Enthusiast

12. namartlu

namartlu Member

All look good except a external SD card slot...

13. g_patrick15

After having the iPhone 4 and the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, I don't think that would be a problem (for me). Yes, my GNex only has 16GB and I filled it up quickly, but I survived expandable memory. The Optimus G would have 32GB, likely with about 28-30GB's usable with the OS and file system taking up the rest. The lack of an SD card slot isn't a problem for most people. Don't get me wrong, given the choice, I'd easily take the SD card slot. But the lack of one shouldn't hinder sales tremendously.

14. Orion

Orion Android Expert

15. Sandroidfan

Sandroidfan Android Expert

16. g_patrick15

There's a dropoff in megapixels from the original 13, down to 8. But we all know, it's not the megapixel count that matters, it's the quality of the sensor, etc. Hopefully, the new Nexus has an improved camera module in general. I don't take many pictures with my phone, but when I take out my GNex to do so, I'm usually disappointed.

17. g_patrick15

mattsh33 likes this.
  18. mattsh33

mattsh33 Newbie

19. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator

FYI:

Two of the Threads in this forum have been merged, due to the fact that they were basically giving out the same speculations and rumors about the new Nexus device, hopefully no one is too confused by this, but we don't need multiple rumor threads going when everything can just be put into 1 thread :D

Sorry if this is an inconvenience to some of you.

There will still be a link to the thread headed: Centralized LG Nexus News and Rumors Thread, by patrick, and it will redirect you to this thread here, just if anyone is confused!

Feel free to PM me if you have an issue with this move :)

Mikestony likes this.
  20. sean76

sean76 Android Expert

Not a fan of LG, or that BIG Giant Bezel, or a washed out LCD screen, or a Glass back like the new Optimus has. Come on Google!

We need a killer HTC Nexus, or real deal moto Nexus! Not LG who can't make a phone for the life of them. I'll be skipping this dance!

21. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin'

I have to imagine that there would be a 16gb version at the very least. Nexus s had 16gb, galaxy nexus had a 16gb, nexus 7 had a 16gb. I don't feel like 16gb is terrible for a phone, but it is quite small on tablet where you want to play games and some of the good games reaching 1-2gb a piece.

22. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin'

Now that the Samsung GT-9260 has been outed as the Galaxy Premier, I wonder if there is going to be another one coming out close to this LG one or not.

Nexus 4 Forum

The Nexus 4 release date was November 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, and 2100mAh battery.

November 2012
Release Date
Reviews