• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New note 7 arrive in US by 9/21

Best Buy has had the new Note7 for a week. They were just waiting for the agency approval
If that's the case then Verizon should have them now too. They told me Tuesday when I called to see if they'd ship, so I hope that's true. Will be glad to have this behind us all.[emoji2]

Upvote 0
I called VZW customer service, she said she had "no info" and connected me to my local store. Got a very rude girl who gave me short answers to all my questions, and said she has no idea when replacement notes will be available. I told her about the "no later than the 21st" claim but that some places have them early. She said they don't have them at this store. I asked her if she was sure, or if anyone else there might have more info. She claimed to be the inventory clerk, so she knew for sure they didn't have any, and she just seemed very annoyed by my call. I can understand if they're getting stressed out because they're probably getting tons of inquiries, but it's your job, perk up or go find a job that doesn't require you to be social.

Upvote 0
This morning I saw on verizonwireless.com that the Note7 is now available. I called VZW customer service again this morning, and instead of asking them about the info, I just figured I'd approach a type-A personality and I TOLD them I was calling to exchange my Note7. The nimrod asked me if I had an old or new Note7. WTF? I told him I had the old one. He then proceeds to tell me I should really get rid of it because... "There's been a recall on that phone, sir." Well I'll be a monkey's uncle!! So I literally said: "Uh, that's exactly why I'm calling you, dude." He then apologized for misunderstanding me. (I don't know how I confused the poor guy in the first place)

Anyway, after that, he was actually quite helpful. Except at first he said that they didn't have the new phones yet and that they would arrive tomorrow. I told him the website says that they're available now. He put me on a 5 minute hold, but then came back and confirmed they did have inventory. So he did the exchange process for me and also for my coworker since we're both company admins for our VZW account. Said he's shipping them today via Overnight, and that we should have them around 10am(ish) tomorrow morning.

Fingers crossed!!

Now I get to figure out what to do with my wife's phone. She's on T-mo. Customer care told her to go to a store directly. I called the local store yesterday and they said we would have to go through customer care.

I think management of every carrier, and merchant are just telling employees that whenever someone asks about the Note7, "Just use your best judgement and make something up to get rid of the customer."

That would explain why everyone is getting different answers from everyone.

Upvote 0
I tell ya, if the masses have to wait until late October to buy a Note 7, I suspect that half of them won't. They'll either have already gotten the iPhone 7, Google Pixel, or other new shiny... or they'll just wait 8 months and pick up a Note 8.
Looks like LG V20 may get a mulligan as it looks like it'll be launching that same day.

Upvote 0
Still waiting on my phone call from Sam's Club... :rolleyes:
I hate to rub it in but - Lesson learned? That $150 gift card lure has come to haunt you.

I remember all the previous years of those Members who did pre-orders through BB and getting the shaft one way or another should've seasoned you to avoid these types of outlets for phone purchases.

I have vowed to myself a while ago that I'm going to stick directly with Big V online purchases since my SG S3. No more pre-orders! I purchased the Note 3 and S5 on Black Friday for the $100 discount. In doing so, it has given me good opportunity to have viewed what others had to report as problems if any.

I view 'Pre-orders' these days as being 'Beta testers' - not me!

Upvote 0
While Verizon's website says the new notes are in and my local store shows them available, a call to the store reveals that they still won't sell them until tomorrow. A 20 minute phone call with a Verizon rep has my new one on order with a 2 day shipping time so, considering the time of day now I should get it Friday. Eh, I'd rather have it shipped to me anyway so I can take my time getting everything off of the old and on the new and set up like I want.
Also, I was told I could just take the old phone to the local store to turn in when I was done and to be sure to get a receipt showing that they now had it. That works. Let them worry about disposing of the "explosives".

Reactions: toptobottom
Upvote 0
The guy I talked to earlier today told me there will be return instructions included with my new phone. I didn't ask about the dangers of shipping the old one back because UPS and FedEx seem to not want to ship (according to all the rumors, I'm not sure if it's been confirmed.) Anyhow, I didn't ask, or even bring it up. I didn't want nothing else to even cause a remote possibility of another delay. so I just said "Ok cool" ;)

So we'll see if there is a return FedEx label, or if it just says to go to the local store. If that's the case, It won't be too inconvenient as we plan on going to the mall tomorrow after work to take care of my wife's t-mobile phone. They're right across the hall from the Verizon corporate store, so it'll work out fine if that's what they want me to do.

Reactions: ceva321
Upvote 0
I couldn't stand it anymore. I called Sam's Club. And of course they told me that the magic day is tomorrow the 21st, and that as soon as Note 7s come in they will start calling people to set up appointment times to come exchange their phones!

APPOINTMENT TIMES??? :mad:

I told him that as soon as I get the call I can be there in an hour. I have no intention of making a stupid appointment... I'm going to go get my phone!

Upvote 0
I couldn't stand it anymore. I called Sam's Club. And of course they told me that the magic day is tomorrow the 21st, and that as soon as Note 7s come in they will start calling people to set up appointment times to come exchange their phones!

APPOINTMENT TIMES??? :mad:

I told him that as soon as I get the call I can be there in an hour. I have no intention of making a stupid appointment... I'm going to go get my phone!

Wow man, why are you so impatient? it's not like we've had to wait for what seems like forever, and had to follow some sort of unorganized cluster... :eek:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones