• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New note 7 arrive in US by 9/21

While I truly feel your pain in this, I actually had a better outcome. First, I left a signed note on my door for UPS to please leave my package there and was rather surprised to get a notification that they had attempted delivery twice! I was confused since it was in Memphis yesterday so I called. First I was told that the driver keyed in the wrong code and that could be fixed. Good. Then I was told that I could pick up my package at the UPS hub once he got back there if they were still open then but she would have to check and call me back. Not so good. So I waited on a call back. He would not get there before closing! Bad! I explained that I really needed to get my package and why. She said to hang on and she would call the driver again. The next thing I knew I had his number and was talking to him. He also has a Note 7 that has been recalled and is trying to get to his lunch break so he can exchange it! He was heading to his last stop in my zone and met me near my house to give me my package. NOW THAT IS SERVICE!!

Upvote 0
While I truly feel your pain in this, I actually had a better outcome. First, I left a signed note on my door for UPS to please leave my package there and was rather surprised to get a notification that they had attempted delivery twice! I was confused since it was in Memphis yesterday so I called. First I was told that the driver keyed in the wrong code and that could be fixed. Good. Then I was told that I could pick up my package at the UPS hub once he got back there if they were still open then but she would have to check and call me back. Not so good. So I waited on a call back. He would not get there before closing! Bad! I explained that I really needed to get my package and why. She said to hang on and she would call the driver again. The next thing I knew I had his number and was talking to him. He also has a Note 7 that has been recalled and is trying to get to his lunch break so he can exchange it! He was heading to his last stop in my zone and met me near my house to give me my package. NOW THAT IS SERVICE!!

CHEERS to that!!

Upvote 0
So I got a replacement note on Wednesday. Something is not right. This one seems to lag and sometimes it won't respond at all when you press a key on the screen. Like when I'm on an automated call thing and you have to press a selection. Really annoying. And the auto correct is awful. Plus my contacts seem scrambled. [emoji34]

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sorry to hear about the lag. That could be resulted by many things. About the auto correct, have you considered using alternative keyboards? I've used Swift-Key for years, and am very happy with it.

Contact issue also depends on your setup. I have contacts stored 2 ways. Business contacts sync from my work Exchange account, and personal contacts sync from my gmail. I never store contacts on the phone directly, and do not use Facebook.

I am able to sort the contacts by first or last name. What do you mean by scrambled?

Upvote 0
Hopefully the FINAL Update:

I just got a call from my local Sam's Club to set up a time that I could come and get my new Note 7! I asked, "what time do you open the doors?" :D

The answer was 7 AM and I told her I'd be there. Then she advised me that the only color they had was SILVER!!! o_O

I asked her to explain why, then, I was told yesterday that there were three black Verizon phones in the locker... they couldn't have gone anywhere until tomorrow! She went to check and, surprise to everyone but me, she magically found MORE Note 7s up front - including black! :p

Amazing organization there, huh?

Anyway, it looks like I'll finally have my non-flammable Note 7 just after sunrise, giving me all day to restore it and customize it. Let's hope this drama is coming to a rapid close!

Upvote 0
SUCCESS!

As promised, I showed up at Sam's Club at 7 AM. My new Note 7 was waiting for me... it even had my name on it! Anyway, after a lot of hemming and hawing, it looked like I was going to have to start the whole installment thing all over again, and it was a mess. So I just turned in the old Note 7, settled up, and bought the new one OUTRIGHT, full retail. The only trick was to make sure that the SIM card didn't get deactivated, since I'm using it in my spare phone and am putting it into the Note 7 once set up. Looks like everything is DONE on the Sam's Club side... now to make sure that Verizon gives me due credit.

I look forward to restoring the backups and enjoying my baby! :D

Reactions: TrueFangz
Upvote 0
Sorry to hear about the lag. That could be resulted by many things. About the auto correct, have you considered using alternative keyboards? I've used Swift-Key for years, and am very happy with it.

Contact issue also depends on your setup. I have contacts stored 2 ways. Business contacts sync from my work Exchange account, and personal contacts sync from my gmail. I never store contacts on the phone directly, and do not use Facebook.

I am able to sort the contacts by first or last name. What do you mean by scrambled?
I use my gmail and exchange server for contacts. I think Smart switch did something. It mistook my email address and put my client's name as the contact. It was like that in the cloud I think. I deleted it and I think I fixed it that way.

I'll try swift key and see how that is. Thanks for the info.

Reactions: The_Chief
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones