1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support New number issues on Viber

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by he5699, Aug 5, 2016.

1. he5699

he5699 Lurker
    Aug 5, 2016

Aug 5, 2016
    Apologies for the long explanation but it is difficult to explain. Also I'm not sure if its android, google or viber issue.

My partner and I use viber to stay in contact on a regular basis. She had a viber account on her old iphone until that broke. She took this opportunity to change providers and phone to a Samsung J5 on a Tesco Mobile Plan. (UK). They assigned her an new number until her old number was ported across. This took a couple of days so she had to set up a new viber account on her new number.

However once her old number was ported across I started having problems with viber. There is now 2 numbers displayed for her. If I delete her new number from my device and associated accounts her old viber account shows, which has been offline since her iphone broke. I have to save her new number again for her new viber account to display. But if I ring her new number it says number not in service, I have to ring her old number to contact her.

Furthermore, we may be having a message conversation but suddenly she will reply to a message and it will display as a completely different/new conversation separate to the original. If I go into the original it will show her new account, but say that it was last seen on line 07 Jun (when her iphone broke).

We have both deleted all numbers, uninstalled/reinstalled viber etc but the same issue keeps coming up.