• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help New One X user

moix

May 1, 2012
Hi All. Hope u all are doing great.

Yesterday i bought HTC ONE X and i am loving it. Its flawless so far, but i'm having slight issues.
I had Samsung Galaxy s2 before, i did backup using samsung Kies air before selling it. Now i dont have clue how to transfer my backup into my htc.
that backup format is .sbu .

And Second, i am unable to use backup/restore option in GO SMS Pro.
it is giving an error " SD Card can not read "

I am looking forward for some positive response.
Thank you

Hi All. Hope u all are doing great.

Yesterday i bought HTC ONE X and i am loving it. Its flawless so far, but i'm having slight issues.
I had Samsung Galaxy s2 before, i did backup using samsung Kies air before selling it. Now i dont have clue how to transfer my backup into my htc.
that backup format is .sbu .

And Second, i am unable to use backup/restore option in GO SMS Pro.
it is giving an error " SD Card can not read "

I am looking forward for some positive response.
Thank you
Hello, and welcome!

That is a perfect example of how Apple (an not really just Apple but they are the most common denominator and so an easy target) has changed the mobile market- proprietary files...

A poster over at XDA has written a small application to pull VCard (contacts) data from the .sbu file- you'll need the Java JDK installed, and there are instructions within the zip file posted there- it might be an option for you. What sort of stuff did you backup and need to extract? If you feel particularly handy, you could probably retool that source file the XDA poster shared to extract the different tags for what you need...

Read through that thread though, it looks like someone was able to get into that .sbu file and find exactly what they needed.

The other option would be to lay hands on a Samsung device temporarily, restore the backup file, then backup through non-proprietary means (Google Account sync for contacts, SMS Backup, etc.), then download those apps and restore to the One X

Reactions: El Presidente
Upvote 0
Hello, and welcome!

That is a perfect example of how Apple (an not really just Apple but they are the most common denominator and so an easy target) has changed the mobile market- proprietary files...

A poster over at XDA has written a small application to pull VCard (contacts) data from the .sbu file- you'll need the Java JDK installed, and there are instructions within the zip file posted there- it might be an option for you. What sort of stuff did you backup and need to extract? If you feel particularly handy, you could probably retool that source file the XDA poster shared to extract the different tags for what you need...

Read through that thread though, it looks like someone was able to get into that .sbu file and find exactly what they needed.

The other option would be to lay hands on a Samsung device temporarily, restore the backup file, then backup through non-proprietary means (Google Account sync for contacts, SMS Backup, etc.), then download those apps and restore to the One X

Thankyou so much for replying.
I am actually looking for notes, messages and contacts.
Easy and apply pie way is to get a samsung set. and thn to sync it all to my gmail.

In the mean while i'll try xda way.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones