1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

New ota (2.2.2) question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jmar, May 17, 2011.

1. jmar

jmar Nexican

Is it possible that I can't get this OTA to go away because I didn't install the upgrade utility app. Using velocity 1.1 on one phone and terminal on another ally. Neither have the aforementioned app installed. Does anyone have an apk download cos I can't find it on the market with either velocity rom installed. Before I rooted one of my Ally's I was able to locate the upgrade utility app on the market and take the OTA without a problem. So I think this app has to be installed on either velocity 1.1 rom before taking the 2.2.2 OTA (FOR IT TO FAIL OF COURSE). just a theory, since the OTA KEEPS APPEARING!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ludeawakening

ludeawakening Android Enthusiast

All you have to do is go ahead and download the update. Your custom recovery will reject the install of the update. Once you get to the point where it says installing the update just back out and the notification will be gone.

3. jmar

jmar Nexican

Yeah but that is not happening. I keep accepting it and the phone never rebooted to 'install' the update so said update keeps notifying me.

4. ccsoccer03

ccsoccer03 Well-Known Member

Lude, somehow or another, LG is sending it multiple times. The phone will not restart to try to install the update without that apk. Well, Velocity 1.1 will not show up the LG program in market because of a setting having to do with protected apps. (set to 10 instead of 8) So therefore, One's without knowledge of knowing how to fix the setting are up a creek trying to download the app.

5. ludeawakening

ludeawakening Android Enthusiast

Hmmm... that's weird. It hasn't asked me to install again. I never had to reboot at all. Once it got to where it said installing I just backed out and there is no more notification.

6. neightwulf

neightwulf Member

Follow steps to edit your build.prop file in this thread and you'll be able to find the upgrade app in the market again.

7. jmar

jmar Nexican

Worked great. Everyone, this works!

8. netizenmt

netizenmt Android Enthusiast

But ALL it does is let you find the Update app. It won't make the problem stay away.

9. jmar

jmar Nexican

Did you follow these steps:
    Okay so here is a step by step of what I did.

1. Using root explorer find build.prop and long press. 2. Choose edit text. 3. Change value of ro.build.version.sdk to a value of 8. 4. Reboot. 5. Go to settings-about phone-system updates 6. Initiate update. 7. Click to reboot. 8. When it doesn't reboot hold power to reboot manually. 9. Update won't reappear!

This is how I got it done for two Ally's.

LG Ally Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews