• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root New OTA update tomorrow **PLEASE READ**

Based on this article, the update fixes:

calendar event edit issue
multiple gmail account sync
30 FPS
GPS reboot

Uncapping FPS is huge in my book. The other major fix is the GPS reboot. That is what was causing 911 calls not to go through. GPS gets enabled before the call is made, and the phone reboots. It doesn't affect a lot of people, but 911 HAS TO WORK for everyone.

Sprint outs EVO 4G and Hero updates, EVO framerate cap might be solved -- Engadget

Upvote 0
I don't know if its because of root or not but mine wouldn't let me install the update. It showed up when I checked so I downloaded it to try it out but when I tried to apply it the process just stopped. It shut off and came back on with the white screen with the evo logo then went to the black screen with the box and arrow like it was updating but when the progress bar got about half way it stopped and went to a triangle with an ! In it and a little android next to it and froze there.I had to pull the battery and try again, but the same thing happened.

Upvote 0
I just did the unRevoked3.2.1 one click root This morning at about 3am. This was awesome by the way. I did a full Nandroid backup and began going down the list of safe Bloatware to remove and went to bed after. Woke up and my phone has a notification "Ongoing - System update (paused). Scared the sh*t out of me at first. When I click on the notification, it says Downloading is paused because Wi-Fi connection was lost. OTA_Supersonic_3.29.651-5-3.26.651.6_release8yp9szc4r5dsdg85.zip And it gives me the option buttons of "ok" or "cancel."

My question is; if I go ahead with the update, will my Nandroid backup of my Freshly unRevoked3.2.1 root have the ability to restore the phone back to before I installed the update?

Upvote 0
I just did the unRevoked3.2.1 one click root This morning at about 3am. This was awesome by the way. I did a full Nandroid backup and began going down the list of safe Bloatware to remove and went to bed after. Woke up and my phone has a notification "Ongoing - System update (paused). Scared the sh*t out of me at first. When I click on the notification, it says Downloading is paused because Wi-Fi connection was lost. OTA_Supersonic_3.29.651-5-3.26.651.6_release8yp9szc4r5dsdg85.zip And it gives me the option buttons of "ok" or "cancel."

My question is; if I go ahead with the update, will my Nandroid backup of my Freshly unRevoked3.2.1 root have the ability to restore the phone back to before I installed the update?

Yes, I've done it on my evo, none issues since day 4. Same method to rooting it.

Upvote 0
I chose to decline the OTA download/update. So I wouldn't have to reroot. I just wiped my system and flashed Fresh-evo-3.3.0.1.zip which comes with Base: Supersonic 3.29.651.5. So far so good. My EVO is still rooted (unrevoked3.2.1) and now has an updated Superuser app. I also installed the updated Radio.img version 2.15.00.09.01 and PRI 1.77._003. My EVO now averages 53 FPS on a Nova Screen.

Attachments

• CAP201009292028.jpg
    CAP201009292028.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 46
  • CAP201009292029.jpg
    CAP201009292029.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 85
  • CAP201009292031.jpg
    CAP201009292031.jpg
    266.9 KB · Views: 80
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones