1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

new OTA

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by scottsedore, Aug 6, 2011.

1. scottsedore

scottsedore Newbie
    None

Aug 4, 2011
    union boilermaker
    missouri
    Just got a notification from HTC for a new OTA. Im rooted so I havnt taken it. Any one know what the update is? How do i clear the notification? Thanks

Advertisement

2. MassacrMan

MassacrMan Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 31, 2010
    Hm, just checked both AT&T update and HTC Wifi update. Both said no updates are available.

3. fun841

fun841 Newbie
    None

Jun 23, 2011
    New York City
    It might be the gingerbread update and if your rooted you are probably already running 2.3 on a custom ROM. I've been waiting so long to get that notification :(.

4. scottsedore

scottsedore Newbie
    None

Aug 4, 2011
    union boilermaker
    missouri
    I was able to find out what it was thru HTC tech. It was an older update for HSUPA, and email. I also asked about the new OS update he said it wouldn't be out for awhile.

5. fun841

fun841 Newbie
    None

Jun 23, 2011
    New York City
    God damn it. They promised the OS update within the "next coming weeks" at the end of july and its been that time already.

6. MGM-Droid

MGM-Droid Lurker
    None

Aug 3, 2011
    damn dude, take a chill pill and relax a little bit.

It's far better to delay the release and get things right than to come out with it early and have all kinds of issues.

7. ZeroRilix

ZeroRilix Lurker
    None

Jul 10, 2011

I manually installed the gingerbread update that was available for a short time on HTC's website Thursday. I have not seen any issues at all. Battery life is a bit better. The only problem is I had the new market and because I manually updated I lost it. Oh well, ill get it back eventually. I am happy I did it. BTW, I updated via the RUU posted by marsdta over at XDA in the Inspire forums. The one posted on these forums did not work for me. All in all, everyone will be even happier with this phone after the update is officially released. There is no explanation why HTC took the update down. The only thing I can think of is, after installing the RUU, which is what they were to release, I think that it was posted earlier than someone at HTC would have liked. Someone did say that the update might be rereleased this week on the 12th. To the guy that got frustrated the post before the the one I'm quoting, if you are not willing to wait then go ahead and install the leaked RUU. It IS THE OFFICIAL version. Keep in mind however, that if you do it manually you will wipe your phone and it will be fresh out of the box, save for gingerbread 2.3.3 and Sense 2.1. If you wanna wait, then just be a little more patient. The update WILL go live this month. The stability in the RUU proves it.

Ynomrah likes this.