1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support New owner...already frustrated, please help!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ogbbk813, May 16, 2011.

1. ogbbk813

ogbbk813 Lurker
    None

May 16, 2011
    Hello to everyone. Ive been lurking around here for the past couple weeks researching new to me phones. Today I went and picked up a fascinate after reading a fair amount on the pros and cons. I got the phone home, turned on and immlatedietely checked to see if it was eclair of froyo. No surprise no Froyo yet. Turned on wifi and attempted to run a check for updates and found there was one. Went through the paces, start download etc and returned 10 minutes later to find the phone was telling me there was no conncection. I dont know how this is possible as the wifi is on and all the other functions including internet are working correctly. Also when trying to sync with facebook attempt to log in and repeatedly has told me connection failed, try again later.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I love the look and feel of the phone and am not sure if would have noticed there was an update if not having read fist. I dont feel like its slow or anything however feel like I should be running the latest and greatest if available....

Thanks in advance,
    Kelly

Advertisement

2. ogbbk813

ogbbk813 Lurker
    None

May 16, 2011
    Just tried again and its telling me no server available. Is there a setting Im missing?

3. GoBruins

GoBruins Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 28, 2010
    Welcome to the forums!

First off, in order to update, you need wifi turned off and must download through 3G. Try turning off wifi, let 3g connect, go to settings => about phone => check for updates. I hope that solves the problem...

Regarding FB, I'm not sure how to fix that issue; however, I do know that once you update to froyo (2.2), and the latest FB app, it'll let you sync contact pictures provided you spelled their names in unison

ogbbk813 likes this.
  4. ogbbk813

ogbbk813 Lurker
    None

May 16, 2011
    Thanks for the reply. I actually found that out by accident and now am running froyo beautifully! I didnt think there was going to be much difference, but man am I glad that eclair is gone!

5. Leonard1818

Leonard1818 Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 13, 2010
    Quick! Go exchange it while you are within your 30 days! this phone has had horrible support...