1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

New owner

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by canyonfvr, Jun 24, 2013.

1. canyonfvr

canyonfvr Member

Going to be a new owner of the Galaxy pro. I have the samsung rugby smart now and the speaker is shot so I ordered the Galaxy pro. I was wondering how you all like the Galaxy pro.

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. acoolphone

acoolphone Newbie

I really like my Rugby Pro, hope you enjoy yours

3. canyonfvr

canyonfvr Member

Thanks it it true it doesent have a built in flash light?

4. kemonine96

kemonine96 Member

The Rugby Pro has an LED flash for the camera so you can use it as a flashlight. It does lack the feature of turning it on via holding the volume up / down button to turn it on.

I use mine all the time as a flashlight, just via a widget instead of a hardware button.

5. canyonfvr

canyonfvr Member

Thanks I liked the volume button to turn it on guess ill get a wiget for this one can you recommend one?

6. kemonine96

kemonine96 Member

I believe TeslaLED includes a widget. I created one using Tasker instead of trying to hunt one down in the market...

7. canyonfvr

canyonfvr Member

Ill check it out I have no idea how to create one

8. kemonine96

kemonine96 Member

With tasker you can assign a task as a widget, probably not worth the trouble if you don't have Tasker as it is a paid app.

I'd suggest starting with TeslaLED and going from there instead.

9. canyonfvr

canyonfvr Member

Well I got my new galaxy pro and My pics in keep safe app didnt transfer over. Any ideas how I can get them onto new phone?

10. canyonfvr

canyonfvr Member

I'm liking this phone so far

11. rak1966

rak1966 Lurker

I've had mine for three weeks and I like it.

12. canyonfvr

canyonfvr Member

I love the battery on this phone it lasts almost 24 hrs before a charge

13. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

I noticed battery life is quite good too, probably because of the smaller 4" screen while still having most of the internals of the Galaxy S III.

As for a flashlight option, mine came with a 2x1 widget called "Assistive Light" which turns the camera flash LED on/off with a simple tap - works great. I also have Jelly Bean v4.1.2 installed, which might have added the light widget?

For photos, I simply copy/paste them back and forth using my computer and the USB data cable that came with the phone. I bought a 16GB SD card for extra storage.

14. canyonfvr

canyonfvr Member

Thanks I have the assitive wiget and I never knew what it was

Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro release date was October 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Plus processor, and 1850mAh battery.

October 2012
Release Date
Reviews