• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 'new pc studio' cd useless? no synchronising?

webants

Jul 28, 2009
Only problem i bumped into is that 'new pc studio' software doesn't see the i7500 as a valid phone, so no synchronising with outlook etc yet

The 'new pc studio' software which is included sees the i7500 but says it is a not recognized device :( must be a usb driver missing :thinking:

:mad: hope samsung new studio software wil accept android phones sooooonnn Kinda stupid to include a software cd which doesnt work with the included phone :thinking:

Also transfering mp3's through the phone in solid disk option crashes all the time weird.. :thinking:

@chrisp7: yeah i did all that.. on 3 pc's xp and vista..

usb debug works because it finds something but cant detect any drivers, even after i installed new studio and the driver package.

After surfing i noticed that a few android phones seem to have faulty usb cables, so i am gonna try to buy a new one today.

I got this feeling because i can access the interal disk through solid state disk/ new studio and see everything there but as soon i try to transfer say 30+ mp3's the transfer crashes...

@Sandra: i dont see the use to root my device, still think it is a driver or cable problem.

Upvote 0
Got my contacts on the i7500 through gmail.com en synchronising that account with my i7500 but sounds daft :D

I have read loads of forums now and it seems loads of people have this problem, there is no working driver available people say and samsung points back at android.

Gee how can you release software (new pc studio) with the i7500 which does not even recognize the i7500 LOL

But the i7500 is so good that i am not even thinking about selling the phone again, hoping android or samsung will come with a good working connection drivers somewhere soon which also works with new studio pc on vista.

Upvote 0
Got a similar problem.

PC Studio - can't connect to phone.
Tried USB debugging - can't find driver + PC Studio can't connect to phone.

PLUS

whenever i try to transfer big files (200MB or so) or many files the transfer crashes.

i would love to install the pc studio and drivers from the CD, but i didn't get any with the phone :(

Upvote 0
You need to turn on USB debugging (settings -> application settings -> development if i remember corectly)

You also need to install PC suite.

Then plug the phone in, and when it asks you for drivers point it to the USB Drivers folder in C:\programs files\samsung

Don't update the firmware or PC suite won't be able to see the phone anymore

Upvote 0
Do you mean pc suite or pc studio?
all i know of is samsung pc studio.

well, already had pc studio 3, so i uninstalled it, then uninstalled the drivers windows installed automatically when i connected my phone without debugging, and then rebooted (couldn't hurt). i reinstalled pc studio 3 + the updates (all 305 of 'em) then connected my phone, chose to install drivers from C:\programs files\samsung\Samsung Pc Studio 3 and then... nothing. Windows couldn't find any usable drivers...

any ideas?

thanks for answering btw :)

Upvote 0
so now pc studio can see the internal and external sd cards, and can see that an i7500 is connected but when i try to open it i get a "unsupported device" error - that's when i tried connecting the phone without debugging.

with debugging, windows can't find the drivers under the path you specified.
i also tried each directory under USB Drivers - and nothing.
googling the drivers proved useless.

btw, the problem with the files transfer probably has something to do with a bad sd card - now whenever i try using the external sd it stucks and after a while i get an I/O exception. oh well... at least i can replace that.

Upvote 0
What OS are you using? Can you check on your phone what its software version is? Maybe its been upgraded already.

The Unsupported device error happens once you're on the new firmware. If you upgraded then there's nothing you can do until they release some new firmware.

With usb debugging on, it will install the same drivers and find one extra one. Thats the adb driver, and you can ignore it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones