• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New phone advice.

jakobjoseph

Lurker
Nov 10, 2010
I've been doing research for while and as a result I'm now officially ...totally lost. :thinking:
My requirements:
1. Primary phone - I need to actually use it as a phone.
2. Smart phone - I need to use some medical apps - Epocrates and MerckMedicus - I guess it does't need a lot of processing power but quite a lot of internal memory. Supported platforms: Android, iOS, WinMo (not first option), BlackBerry. WP7 not yet supported, but I guess they'll do something about this in the near future.
3. Light Use - no games, camera not important
4. WiFi (Skype) and GPS (but not main GPS device ). Internet, of course, but not main device.
5. Decent display - I need to read small texts
6. Pocketable - a 3.5 - 3.7 inch display size would be perfect (touch screen, of course)
7. Reliable device - no serious known technical problems (like those issues with htc desire, samsung galaxy s etc). also capable to survive a drop or two :D
8. The phone will be used in Israel
9. Price range - this is a tricky one, in Israel phones are REALLY expansive - most expansive iPhone in the world :eek: I can consider buying from the States or Europe (Romania) so 400-500 euro I can afford (I guess).
10. I can wait a month or so.
'Thanks a lot !

Welcome to Android Forums, Jakob.

There are a lot of Android phones out there. You'll get a lot of opinion about which device fits your listed criteria, and some of that opinion will have stats and facts to back it up, but some won't. ;)

I'll therefor give you a comparative spreadsheet to study (prepare for a lot of horizontal scrolling):

android hardware comparison chart

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones