1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support new phone, do i update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Mkeyboy, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Mkeyboy

Mkeyboy Newbie
    None

Dec 22, 2013
    Male
    ok, so it seemed my digitizer was broke on my old phone so i have bought another s2 (yes its pretty old now but i like it and got used to it).
    it is on gingerbread android version 2.3.5. everythin works as it should. only thing i dont like about it is the layout of it as i have been used to 4.1.2 jb on my old phone.

do i update to the latest firmware 4.1.2 or do i leave it? as it seemed there were others having rotation issues with latest JB. Or will i be fine as my old phone was broke.

thanks

Advertisement

2. Codegerm

Codegerm Android Expert
    None

Jul 13, 2011
    Male
    Commercial service Technician for ADT
    Gainesville, FL
    I have never had rotation issues out of the stock Touch Wiz JB ROM. I have herd of others having issues, but they were on an AOSP ROM.

You are running Gingerbread? Did you flash a Sprint GS2/E4GT over to Boost? None of the S2's that were setup for Boost, came with Gingerbread, and were shipped with ICS.

3. Mkeyboy

Mkeyboy Newbie
    None

Dec 22, 2013
    Male
    i dont know,it arrived on gingerbread. according to ebay's auto listing the s2 comes on gingerbread stock

i dont know what this s2 boost mobile is,i think i may have the wrong thread

4. Codegerm

Codegerm Android Expert
    None

Jul 13, 2011
    Male
    Commercial service Technician for ADT
    Gainesville, FL
    That is possible, this is the section for the S2 users that are on Boost mobile.

Older S2's that Sprint sold came with Gingerbread. Except for labeling, the Stock JB is the same for Boost and Sprint, and I have never had rotation issues out of it.