1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

New phone for the Wife!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BenDroid, Feb 2, 2011.

1. BenDroid

BenDroid Well-Known Member

Okay, my wife has been itching for a new phone and has decided that she really likes the fascinate, but is not eligible for an upgrade till August. Fortunately, I am eligible right now and I am still happy with my OG Droid.

I have already ordered the fascinate for my line at the "discounted" price. I know that I will have to activate it under my line first before I can swap it over to her line. My question, as simple as it sounds, is how long do I need to let the new device ride on my line before switching it over to her line? Or does it really even matter?

Thanks for any help.

Ben

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. PSkeptic

PSkeptic Android Expert

Well, I've never done it, but the VZW store reps seem to take about 5 minutes to do the switch-over the two time's I've had it done.

WARNING: Watch your next bill. They are apt to screw up data plans for a day or two, and you'll be charged per MB for those days. However, when you call them (If you have that issue), they already know about the issue, and will resolve it very quickly. In fact, they gave me a month of free data service for my troubles.

3. BenDroid

Thanks for the info. My wife is really excited about this phone so I don't want to keep her waiting if I can help it.

4. ikadakimas

ikadakimas Newbie

Hi Bendroid, great choice on the phone. Make sure you check out Best Buy before buying your phone. When I purchased mine a month ago the prices were;

Verizon: $199.99 (After $100.00 Rebate)
    Which means you dish out $300.00 up front
    Best Buy: $49.99 (No Rebate)

I'm the type to get everything directly from Verizon too.

P.S. you're a better man than I am for giving your upgrade up:cool:. Then again, everyone who has the OG Droid swears by it.:D

5. BenDroid

LOL....Well my wife and I have an understanding. I wear the pants...she picks them out.

In all honesty, my wife decided that she was okay with a Refurbished Like New device that verizon was offering online. We have had pretty good luck with them in the past. If there is a problem we will explore other avenues. Thanks for pricing info though.

The upgrade is not that huge to me. I am running a beta 2.3 ROM on my phone right now that is keeping me more than satisfied and it is only getting better. Her upgrade is really right around the corner and I will just look around then if needed.

I really hope that she enjoys this phone. I have only heard good things about it.

Ben

6. saps

saps Extreme Android User

You picked a nice time for your wife to get the SF no waiting for froyo for you/her. Im hoping and assuming she will love her SF especially on 2.2

7. djb28

djb28 Android Enthusiast

I did it the day i got it on my door step. My girlfriend was eligible and her Mom. My son and i were not. Got it under her name and swaped it that day. You have no worries.

8. djb28

djb28 Android Enthusiast

I did it the day i got it on my door step. My girlfriend was eligible and her Mom. My son and i were not. Got it under her name and swaped it that day. You have no worries.

9. davidnmegan6907

davidnmegan6907 Android Expert

I guess since you already ordered the phone under your number you will have to activate under your # then switch to hers. But for future reference you can just transfer your upgrade to another line on your acct. This way you can bypass the switching around.

calvin3 likes this.

Samsung Fascinate Forum

The Samsung Fascinate release date was Q3 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

Q3 2010
Release Date
Reviews