• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New phone recommendations

mjschmidt

Android Expert
Jun 27, 2009
In my house.
Hi. check out the Rogers sub-forum. We have some exciting discussions about Rogers and the phones there.

To be honest right now Telus and Bell have the nicest/best Android phones available in Canada (like the HTC Desire, and the Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant).

It was recently reported that the Samsung Galaxy S phones apparently have the unlock codes in a file on the phone! Suffice to say, if you like the Galaxy S Vibrant at Bell, you could buy it, unlock it, and use it on Rogers.

Rogers will be getting the Samsung Galaxy S Captivate, but they have not announced a release date yet. also, the Captivate will not have the forward facing camera like the Vibrant, and the phones look different from one another. Both have Android 2.1.

As far as current Android phones at Rogers, your best bets are probably the Acer Liquid E (Android 2.1) and the Sony Ericsson X10 (Android 1.6, but will apparently be updated to 2.1 later this year).

You might also want to see my blog (link in my signature) to read about the hassles we've had convincing Rogers and HTC to update the HTC Magic beyond 1.5.

If you have any questions, let me know.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones