1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips New Phone Shopping List

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by StJason, Jul 22, 2013.

1. StJason

StJason Newbie
    None

Jan 6, 2012
    My contract comes up for renewal next week, and as a old-school Gz'One fan (I miss my Type-S...) I'm probably going to be getting the new phone.

Looking at the specs, it, like the old one, needs some stuff to make it really good.
    #1. Better battery. This one, in fact:
    Set Your Location
    ...even this isn't great. If they can put a 3,300 mAh in a dinky little Razr Maxx HD, why can't they take that same wafer-thin battery and put it in a Gz'One? *grumble*... Still, 2920 is better then the puzzlingly weak 1800 stock.
    #2. More memory.
    Still only takes microSD cards, so that means 32gb max. :( I can't find what card it comes stock with, but am willing to bet it won't be a 32. I might just use my old card from my current Commando, but I have a hunch that some of the issues I keep getting might be related to the cheap, no-name card I have. I'm thinking of getting one of these:
    Amazon.com : SanDisk Ultra 32 GB MicroSDHC C10/UHS1 Memory Card with Adapter (SDSDQU-032G-AFFP-A) : Micro Sd Card : Electronics
    Better suggestions?

...$75 extra for this one phone... *grumble* WTF Verizon?

Anything else I might want to get? Or a better product?

Advertisement

2. space wrangler

space wrangler Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 4, 2011
  3. dartmar

dartmar Member
    None

Jul 7, 2011
    The extended battery is necessary. Think of it this way you can buy a 200-300 dollar phone or buy this one and get the battery, dock and card and pay close to the same and have a phone that won't die the first time it rains.

It doesn't come with a memory card. I used my old one until my new one arrived from Amazon. I bought the one you are looking at, it works well. Do remember this phone runs ICS. That means it doesn't run apps from the card, but you can store music, photos, books etc.

4. DaysInn

DaysInn Newbie
    None

Feb 21, 2012
    Extended battery, Dock, GZ-one 4g phone $200, Kayak $1,200, My phone and me wet every day of the week---Priceless.