• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New phone - so I check the forums!

lskohn

Lurker
Oct 31, 2010
I've just moved up -- WAY up, from a Treo 650 that I used like a minicomputer -- to a Captivate. Miss the Treo, but so many sites have abandoned Treo-friendly apps that I needed real web access.

I have immediately downloaded all sorts of apps, but I am used to dealing with the phone at file/folder level...so here I am. First I'll read a lot, and then figure out how to make this phone work as well for me as the Treo did. Don't know about rooting - but I will if that's what it takes. :rolleyes: (At this, my kids, both in high-tech related fields, roll their eyes, but they are tethered to BBerries due to company standards, so they're no help.)

Questions will follow in appropriate forum once I've checked out the info already here.
Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones