• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New Phones coming to Boost...

I guess its good to have new phones,

But its just another Quad core 1.2GHz 1ram/8storage entry level clone.Would love to start seeing quad 1.4 or 1.6 phones, maybe slip in 1.5 ram/16 storage like the Galaxy Avant eol on Metro

I cant get excited by new phones that match my old LG Volt.
How many brands of the exact same specs does any company need?

Reactions: wyelkins
Upvote 0
I guess its good to have new phones,

But its just another Quad core 1.2GHz 1ram/8storage entry level clone.Would love to start seeing quad 1.4 or 1.6 phones, maybe slip in 1.5 ram/16 storage like the Galaxy Avant eol on Metro

I cant get excited by new phones that match my old LG Volt.
How many brands of the exact same specs does any company need?
The new max+ has 16 gigs.
Hopefully as boost continues to evolve, we will see better spec'd midrange phones.

I think they will start selling a wearable or 2 in the near future.

Upvote 0
Thee will be a cdma version of Moto G ,3rd edition, may come back to Boost

Motorola has revealed there will be at least two variants of the Moto G handset for the U.S. market. The first model, XT1540, is the GSM model that includes EDGE, HSPA+, and LTE. This model is compatible with the networks run by AT&T and T-Mobile. The second model, XT1548, is the CDMA model, though it also supports GSM, EDGE, HSPA+, and LTE for world roaming. Motorola specifically said the Moto G will be offered by Sprint Prepaid, U.S. Cellular, and Virgin Mobile. None of these carriers has yet voiced support publicly for the Moto G. The Moto G, now in its third generation, has a 5-inch 720p screen, Snapdragon 410 processor, 13-megapixel camera, and support for memory cards. It costs $179 and is available directly from Motorola.com.

Upvote 0
Anyone else get an email about their "premier program"?

I did.. but after reading the fine print it says you will be switching to being a post paid customer and Boost can turn you into collections if you let the 14 day grace period expire without making a payment. I refuse to use post paid for that exact reason so I'm not doing it.

Upvote 0
By accepting these terms, you are affirmatively agreeing to receive an additional 14 days each month to pay for your Boost service beyond your payment due date. During this time, you can still use the services included in your monthly service and add-on plans. You must add funds for other real-time purchases (e.g., downloads, games, international calls, etc.). You understand and agree that you will be a postpaid Boost customer and can convert back to Boost prepaid at any time. You are still subject to the standard Boost payment terms, and your service will be interrupted if we do not receive payment on or after the payment due date. In addition, repeated service interruptions due to missed payments may result in termination of your enrollment in the program. Boost reserves the right to collect all amounts owed, including any associated costs incurred, to collect any unpaid balance. The terms and conditions of your Boost Service Agreement still apply. By clicking below, you understand and agree that these terms supplement your current Boost Mobile Service Agreement.

(The including any associated costs incurred means collection agency fees.)

Reactions: DirtyDee
Upvote 0
By accepting these terms, you are affirmatively agreeing to receive an additional 14 days each month to pay for your Boost service beyond your payment due date. During this time, you can still use the services included in your monthly service and add-on plans. You must add funds for other real-time purchases (e.g., downloads, games, international calls, etc.). You understand and agree that you will be a postpaid Boost customer and can convert back to Boost prepaid at any time. You are still subject to the standard Boost payment terms, and your service will be interrupted if we do not receive payment on or after the payment due date. In addition, repeated service interruptions due to missed payments may result in termination of your enrollment in the program. Boost reserves the right to collect all amounts owed, including any associated costs incurred, to collect any unpaid balance. The terms and conditions of your Boost Service Agreement still apply. By clicking below, you understand and agree that these terms supplement your current Boost Mobile Service Agreement.

(The including any associated costs incurred means collection agency fees.)

I figured that is what it was, an invite to post paid. sprint is really trying to hold out all the stops now, I guess their graduate to sprint program flopped hardcore.

Reactions: mydian
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones