• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New Phones coming to Boost...

hidden202

Jul 24, 2013
As you know (non android related) the iPhone 6 is coming to Boost via the Boost Mobile site? How much will it cost? Probably somewhere around the price of the Samsung Galaxy S5 but none the less the answer is an arm and leg most likely.

However, there are 2 phones that are coming to Boost from research I've seen..

Boost Mobile Sharp Aquos Crystal 4G NoContract Cell Phone SH306SHABB - Best Buy

The Sharp Aquos Crystal as seen from Best Buy and this is more of a rumor but I know this isn't BS. There's a guy from howardforums that owns a boost store and said that the LG Vigor (aka the LG G3 Vigor/Beat) has been certified and that will be coming to Boost Mobile. It's a midranger and a variation of the flagship phone the G3 so please don't get it confused thinking the G3 is coming to Boost. That would be nice if it did though.

I'm looking to upgrade from my F7 (had a G2 with T-Mobile but... crazy things happen when you have to scale back on money and go back to Boost when they got better plans finally)

What would be the best way to go? I loved the G2, it was an awesome phone. I like what I've seen with the S5 but I'm going to hold off if Boost can ever get a hold of the Alpha or maybe even the HTC Desire 816 or 820 for that matter (I know they have the 510 for a 100 bucks, the reviews are meh for it but you do get what you pay for)

Also might as well ask the alien question; what do you guys think of the iPhone with boost mobile? I have used iOS before (iOS 8 on the iPod 5th generation) what do you guys think of it?

I've done some rambling but trying to provide sometime of convo to a dead forum, how come Boost hasn't brought any of the other Moto phones over like the Moto X? I know that the Moto 2nd Gen will be on Boost eventually even though the bands haven't even been approved for Sprint just yet.

Time will tell. Do you guys see Boost getting another flagship phone outside of the iPhone like the Moto X this year?

Boost usually sells the high priced Apple and Samsung Flagships. I hope that they carry the Google Nexus 6 when it becomes available. It will have a Sprint version. $650 is pretty steep for prepaid but that is a nice phone.

If they did, I'd be very likely to pick it up (although I think I'd be more likely to get it directly from Google and jump over to like Ting or something)

Upvote 0
According to the latest version of the beat, The LG G2 is coming to Boost Mobile for 279 dollars. That's awesome and that's a steal because it's still a very strong phone.

5.2 inch display
1080p
13 MP, 2.1 front facing camera
2 GB of ram
800 snapdagon processor

The question I have if it's going to be 16 gigs or 32 gigs for Boost Mobile. Either way, it's an awesome phone to have and for that price you wouldn't be disappointed. It's being launched 11/21.

Reactions: wyelkins and mydian
Upvote 0
interesting, maybe the first sub $300 prepaid 800? Seems like the sprint version is 32gb, so hopefully we get that. Only thing i don't really care for is that it doesn't have an sd card slot, but if it's running 4.4 and has 32gb then that won't really matter since the apps can't use it anyways.

the G2 + the new data plans, is certainly better then anything virgin has to offer at that price range.

Upvote 0
According to the latest version of the beat, The LG G2 is coming to Boost Mobile for 279 dollars. That's awesome and that's a steal because it's still a very strong phone.

5.2 inch display
1080p
13 MP, 2.1 front facing camera
2 GB of ram
800 snapdagon processor

The question I have if it's going to be 16 gigs or 32 gigs for Boost Mobile. Either way, it's an awesome phone to have and for that price you wouldn't be disappointed. It's being launched 11/21.

That price is insane consider the s3 at 249, clearly LG wants to kill samsung hard in the us

Reactions: wyelkins
Upvote 0
Don't know how reliable this source is but it's the best I can find on Cyber Monday deals.

http://www.prepaidphonenews.com/2014/11/2014-online-black-friday-and-cyber.html?m=1

1417384478668.jpg

Reactions: np6s4x and wyelkins
Upvote 0
interesting, if either boost or virgin has the s5 for that or less, i think I'll go that route. esp. if it's boost since that'll give me an excuse to get their new data plans

$79 for a volt? that's normal non-sale price at best buy, lol, i don't think any other store will ever sell the volt for the full price again.

3-6 more hours till midnight, hopefully the sales start then and not early morning

Upvote 0
The screen on the 510 is abysmal
It also lacks a flash, and camera isn't so hot.. But I can't keep them on the shelves. Its bezel heavy as well quite quiet super slick in hand grease magnet. People still buy it. Even though I inform them straight up of the issues. They still want it because its big looking and white [emoji29]

Upvote 0
They also got their first windows phone. It's not a high end flagship phone, no better / worse than a Moto G according to the specs.

I want to get a windows phone, but the app market and UI customization isn't on par with Android.. Windows has a long way to go. I want to want to like it, but it's just not even in the equation of me actually getting one.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones