• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New Phones for last quarter of '14?

There is rumor of a new LG phone called the F60. This phone already came out on Virgin Mobile as the LG Tribute. Specs are rumored as:

4.5" WVGA screen
Snapdragon 400 Processor clocked at 1.2Ghz
1GB of RAM/8GB of storage
5MP rear camera
2100 mAh battery
Android 4.4 KitKat
4G LTE Connectivity

Also, other people on this forum (myself included) are speculating on the ZTE ZMax coming to Metro as well instead of being sold on T-Mobile only. That would definitely be an interesting phone to look at considering its specs for the rumored price of $250.

Upvote 0
I would like to see the Avant at MetroPCS for $149 as Best Buy sells it for TMobile at $199. I currently have the metroPCS exhibit that was first at Tmo. I've had it for a year now and while it's been a great phone I would like to upgrade to the Avant. Waiting for Tmo or Best Buy to put it on sale as I'm pretty sure it could be taken right to MetroPCS without any hitch.

MetroPCS has slowed down the bringing in of new phones since Tmo took them over.

Upvote 0
The following phones will be available for MetroPCS starting at the end of October or beginning of November

Alcatel One Touch Evolve 2
Basic 3G model with 4.0 WVGA 480x800 pixels. 5 MP camera with HDR and night mode with a front facing VGA camera... 4 gigs of storage (1.5 of user storage) and 512 MB of Ram... It will have Kit Kat and it's processor is a Dual core 1.3 GHz CPU
Retail for 29.00

Alcatel One Touch Fierce 2
5 in QHD TFT Display
5MP camera with VGA front facing camera
4 gigs of storage with 2 gigs of that for personal storage
4.4 kit kat
Quad Core 1/2 GHz

4G HSPA+

Alcatel Pop7 Tablet

Upvote 0
Good news! I just came from the MetroPCS Store I have been going to for two years and the main man there said by the end of October he would have the Samsung Galaxy Avant in his store for $149. He already had a stand made up with the price on it and he already has cases in stock ready to go. He is just waiting for the phones. He said it could be as soon as next week but he was promised by the end of October at the latest.

Upvote 0
Samsung Galaxy Avant is now on the MetroPCS web site. Like Linttrap172 said it's $199 with a $50 mail in rebate for a bottom line price of $149. (personally I HATE mail in rebates and those that use them but thats my issue I guess)

I would guess either Metro or Best Buy or someone else will have it on sale around Christmas time so I'll wait a bit to see what happens with it.

https://www.metropcs.com/phones/details/samsung-galaxy-avant/610214637611.html

Reactions: alfick3
Upvote 0
Samsung Galaxy Avant is now on the MetroPCS web site. Like Linttrap172 said it's $199 with a $50 mail in rebate for a bottom line price of $149. (personally I HATE mail in rebates and those that use them but thats my issue I guess)

I would guess either Metro or Best Buy or someone else will have it on sale around Christmas time so I'll wait a bit to see what happens with it.

https://www.metropcs.com/phones/details/samsung-galaxy-avant/610214637611.html

It's only a mail in rebate if you buy it online, you buy it at a metro store it's an instant rebate

Reactions: MrLaserman
Upvote 0
Also we have a tablet now, it's not like OMG, but we have one lol

https://www.metropcs.com/pop7tablet.html

pop7.png

Reactions: confed
Upvote 0
Hey at least the plans for the tablet aren't to bad. I wonder if they will start letting you bring your own tablet. Kinda wish they where selling dongles too. I'm getting an android head unit for my car soon and that would be nice to have.

I think they're doing it opposite of the BYOD, testing it out to see how well the product works before letting us bring stuff over

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones