1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support New problem - needs to be plugged in to turn on (full battery)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Natas, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Natas

Natas Member
    None

Anyone having this problem? Started today for me. If I shut the phone off, and try to turn on, it shows dead battery. I plug in the USB cord, shows full battery, turns on, and I can unplug with no issues. Still full battery.

Advertisement

2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=
    None

Hello Natas.

I'd remove the battery and leave it out for over a minute, then put it back in (not plugged in) being certain it is positioned correctly with the contacts on the battery and battery well touching, and reboot the device.

3. Natas

Natas Member
    None

did that. Same problem. 100% charged battery and can't turn on unless I plug in. Makes no sense. Calling Verizon tonight.

Also tried a factory reset, I know that's the first thing they'll ask me to try.

4. E rock

E rock Lurker
    None

Mar 29, 2012
    Im having the same problem. I Have a spare battery for my phone (same samsung that comes with it) and if i charge it past 3/4 it either take forever to get it to start off usb or i have to wait till it loses a charge to 3/4 before it will turn my phone on. It just brings up the screen with an empty battery on it. I dont know how to fix it just been dealing with it for that last few weeks. Cant wait for my upgrade.