1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

New problem since update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Canesfan, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Canesfan

Canesfan Android Enthusiast

Since the 4.3 update, today i had some weird things happening. First when I went to take phone off charge to go to work, it was unresponsive. In other words, it was off and couldn't be turned-on without first popping out the battery, then re-booting. As the day went on, it kept switching off my WiFi button, so I had a h#ll of a time going and staying on WiFi. Separately, it would repeatedly send me back to the choice of WiFI networks instead of the WiFi "sign-on" screen and a cycle of going no where.

In general, the phone has been better utilizing WiFI than before the update, till today's craziness.

Anyone had similar problem(s), or have any ideas on wtf is going on :thinking: ?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User

First 4.3 update or second one? The first one was (not has, was) a bug. The second one is supposed to make the phone work again.

3. Adara

Adara Android Enthusiast

I have (sort of) experienced the unresponsive thing.

This morning, when I took the phone off the charger, the LED was blinking that I had email, but I could not turn on the screen or make the phone do anything. Couldn't even power down with the power button. Had to do a battery pull.

A friend with the S4 has been experiencing this regularly (and ultimately sent the phone in for a replacement) but this is the first time I've had that happen.

Comment which may or may not be of use: It has always been a little slow responding when I take it off the charger. I generally have to hit the power button a few times before it will accept it and turn the screen on. I assume this was related -- i.e., this time, the phone just failed to kick in.

Happening just once, I'm not concerned -- but if it starts happening regularly, action may be necessary.

4. Canesfan

Since I only did one update, I assume it was the first one?

5. Canesfan

Even before and since the update, I've also occasionally experienced the screen coming on but it's all black with just the upper part showing the clock only. Normally, when I would unplug it, the home screen would light up.

6. itsallgood

itsallgood Android Expert

I just did the update a few days ago. I haven't notice any issues with wifi, except Samsung Knox security waring box poping up when connecting to wifi for the first time. (Box hasn't poped up since yesterday.) My issue is slow responsiveness. Like it takes a second or two when switching thru applications. I've been playing around with Window Animation Scale; Transition Animation Scale and Animator Duration Scale under Developer Options. Its improved some, but things are not as smoothed like before the update. (I'm running a live wallpaper as well.) I'm going to tweak the settings some more and use a regular wallpaper and see if that makes a difference. I've had my phone freeze on me twice since the update, leading to a battery pull. (Not sure what caused it.)

Samsung Galaxy S4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S4 release date was April 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 5410 Octa processor, and 2600mAh battery.

April 2013
Release Date
Reviews