1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support New problem with camera - cannot attach to a message while in camera mode

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Tmaggie84, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Tmaggie84

Tmaggie84 Lurker
    None

Mar 16, 2016
    I used to be able to take a picture, open the image by touching the image in the circle in the corner (the phone's camera mode is still on, the image in the gallery being displayed in the corner). That used to open up my image and I could select the option on how to share the message by tapping on the icon for message, email, etc.

Starting about a few weeks ago, tapping on the image will open it full screen briefly, then close it down. I can hold my finger on the image and keep it up, but only with an option to delete (trash can).

If I want to attach these images now, I have to exit camera mode and go to the image gallery, pick my image, and then attach; or go to the app for messaging and click the attachment icon.

I really miss being able to take a picture and immediately attach it to an outgoing message. I've checked settings, but can't find anywhere to make the correction back to the original functionality.

LG G Stylo
    Model LG-H631
    Android 5.1.1. / Sec patch 2016-01-01

Thanks for any and all suggestions!

Advertisement

2. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Extreme Android User
    None

Feb 3, 2011
    Male
    Retired and loving it.
    Oklahoma grasslands
    sounds like an update changed the way an app works on your phone.

that is the Primary Reason, that I Never, Ever, Allow Auto Updates to be turned ON.

The ONLY reason to update an app, is if it quit working..... and that is damn seldom.

Some scream about "security", but I have never, ever, had a problem with security.... stay away from the Web Underground and you won't either.

3. Tmaggie84

Tmaggie84 Lurker
    None

Mar 16, 2016
    Yeah, that's what I figgered...hoping someone had an idea of how to put that functionality back. My phone is currently (as I type) upgrading to Marshmallow (6?). I'll see what happens after that is over. Thanks for responding!

Tags: