1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

New problems after Jan update?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Dangraef, Jan 13, 2010.

1. davbak

davbak Well-Known Member

Yes, I am having more problems with my Eris now that it's on MR2 than I have ever had with it.

-Copy-protected apps that I paid for before the update are no longer available in Market. VZW support dumps this problem on HTC, HTC dumps the problem on Google, and Google is not responding.

-Sometimes, when I bring the phone out of Airplane mode, the radio does not re-enable. A reboot is required.

-This morning, for the first time ever, the phone did a random reboot on it's own. I wasn't use the phone at all, it was sitting in my console on the way to work. I look down, and it's rebooting.

I know some are singing the praises of VZW and HTC for pushing out these updates, but MR2 seems like junk to me. The worst part is, it basically feels like none of the companies involved with this phone want to support the damn thing.

2. superchaos

superchaos Android Enthusiast

Just wait and do not do the update.

3. Dice

Dice Lurker

I have noticed after the second update that I am not receiving email through one of the POP3 accounts I have.

My Exchange email is working fine but my POP3 email will send an email but will not receive any on my Eris.

Everything worked fine before update. I have even resetup the mail and still nothing. Not sure if it is a phone issue, android issue or something else. My POP3 for that account works fine on my pc at home!

Any Ideas????

4. Dice

Dice Lurker

Ignore my last post! I got everything working correctly!:D

5. heather

heather Lurker

Since the last update my txt messages force closes ALL the time!!! Goggle voice always closes, and it's slow!!!! It is driving me crazy on how slow it is.. I have advanced task killer and I kill my apps doesn't help, I've taken out the battery, etc I feel bad for the ppl who got this phone cuz I talked it up so much... but it was better before any updates and I'm about ready to go back to my blackberry! Any solutions?

6. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Android Expert

I only had a slight issue at first, rebooted phone. Haven't had any issues since.

7. rdalev

rdalev Android Enthusiast

I had to do a hard reset , just one day after this update, everything fine...........for now !

8. Wolfedude88

Scary wondering if your phone is going to crap out again, isn't it.?

9. thetingster

thetingster Android Enthusiast

I wonder if some of these problems are associated with installed apps rather than the ota update.

10. justinwells84

justinwells84 Lurker

after i did the update on my phone its been really slow, and most of my apps stopped working, i had to delete and re-download almost every app. It constantly turns off the screen. I had no issues before the update, plus I liked the old unlock screen better

11. thetingster

thetingster Android Enthusiast

I turned off debugging under application development and my google voice force close on boot problem disappeared.

12. swe3t23

swe3t23 Android Enthusiast

really why all of a sudden my phone keeps rebooting. HTC logo comes on all the time.

and anyone using TWIDROID why does it keep saying only pro verison so annoying

13. MOS95B

MOS95B Android Enthusiast

They probably are. I don't have many apps installed and I have seen no issues with my phone since the update

14. Caddyman

Caddyman Android Expert

Has to be, many people myself included have no issues (other then youtube not working)

That WAS annoying for a while, seems to have stopped though.

15. gtpdjw

gtpdjw Android Enthusiast

Youtube thats it all good besides that

16. alk1

alk1 Member

Same here Eris works fine no problems except for the infamous YouTube problems. I can wait till they fix it.
    I still love my Eris.:)

17. Wolfedude88

Yeah the youtube problem is annoying, but I can live without it.

18. andrew8806

andrew8806 Well-Known Member

*ATTENTION*.... if you have alot of issues after the OTA update... then try performing a battery pull... otherwise back up your contacts and pictures (I use MyLookOut) After backing up your info... then perform a factory reset and it will do a complete install of the Android OS with the newest updates... I have seen this has worked very well...:D

HTC Droid Eris Forum

The HTC Droid Eris release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7600 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews