1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

New Release date

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mad4sax, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Dankees

Dankees Android Enthusiast

Here's the thing. I also have a Galaxy Nexus and at Best Buy it is worth at least $10. I don't think this would work with a worthless Storm 2, right?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Dankees

Can use a worthless Storm 2? According to the fine print, the trade in has to have a minimum $10 value. And, the most anyone gets from Samsung is $190.

3. nytmare

nytmare Well-Known Member

Well... just pre-ordered mine on-line with Verizon. Says it'll ship within two days of 10/23 if not sooner. We'll see.

4. Dankees

With regard to the Galaxy Note 4 pre-order/trade-in promotion from Samsung, it says you get a maximum $190 rebate when you get a Galaxy Note 4 (pre-order) and trade-in a phone with minimum $10 trade-in value ($200 total). What if my smartphone has no trade-in value? Do I just get the maximum $190 credit?

5. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    VIP Member

Bam! $700 full retail!

I am not going to pre-order, as I'm in the greater Manchester metroplex (actually a small rural town but it sounds good) and demand for the Note 4 will not exceed initial supply. I refuse to wait for mine to arrive in the mail while everyone else is playing with their phones... which is what happened with the Note 3.

But if the Note 4 is only $700, with a $200 rebate, I'm holding out hope against hope that the Edge will be under $1000. And available!

:D

6. Bearcats

Bearcats Android Enthusiast

I might have to live vicariously through you. My contract is up first week of December and I am going to see if they will let me renew about two months early so I can take advantage of contract pricing and essentially get a 4 for about 110.

If they wont play ball Ill take that step then. Found out my current contract is about 10 bucks a month before taxes more than the Framily or whatever Big Reds version it that is.

7. rushmore

rushmore Extreme Android User

I have to pay full price, so if my fully functioning Incredible can be traded, that means the
    N4 would be $542. Sold.

Well, $542 once Samsung sends a check....

8. rushmore

I think you might need to pre-order to get the deal and that is why the deal probably exists. The cut off is October 16th for the deal, which is before the apparent street date. All likely by design ;)

9. chong67

chong67 Android Expert

What if the phone can power on and work, but bad IMEI? Any ideas if Samsung will take it? It doesnt say.

10. chong67

chong67 Android Expert

I read on another forum one user have pre-order this phone on T-mobile. You have to call in. Anyone done it?

11. question729

question729 Android Enthusiast

Where's the 64GB version?

12. atrain311

atrain311 Android Expert

I'm already in the Edge Program and they wouldn't let me preorder. Said I have to wait until the phone actually comes out to re-egde-up. Even if I paid the balance of what I owe this very second on my current phone they wouldn't let me do it.

13. rushmore

I went into a Verizon today and ordered. Staff did not know it was available for preorder and admitted it is all hands Apple today. They also of course did not know about the $200 price bridge from Samsung.

I would have ordered on line, but it would not show a black version and would not let me do full price. Sneaky, they be. Store did it for me.

$542 is a decent price IMO :) I previously was going to buy the Note 3 for the same price (was hoping the price dropped when the N4 launches).

Maybe I can get the wife to make it an early Christmas present.... I still want the Alienware 13 too though, but also not yet released.

14. rushmore

Yep, the offer stops on 10/16 for orders, so must be a pre-order, or no $200 offset. The Edge would literally then be at least twice as expensive as the N4. That IMO is Livin' too far Over the Edge ;)

Not even Aerosmith would approve ;)

15. nsa_sailor

nsa_sailor Android Enthusiast

Verizon pre-order $299 under contract. So it makes it $99 if you preorder and turn in your old smartphone. But what if you really want the Note Edge more? Sigh. Just hope that Samsung will have a similar offer when the Edge comes out? Keeping my fingers crossed.

16. thirstypirate

thirstypirate Well-Known Member

I thought about it, but decided that I am going to wait until launch day. I didn't have any trouble getting a N3 on launch and I don't want to wait for the N4 to come in the mail.

17. rushmore

Why not save $200 with preorder?

18. Teegunn

Teegunn Android Expert

I wasn't going to preorder, but I don't think I can turn this deal down.

19. thirstypirate

thirstypirate Well-Known Member

I am grandfathered in to the original T-Mobile Jump plan. I still owe $450 on my N3 but will be able to swap it out for a N4. I don't think that Jump can be combined with other trade in promotions.

20. Tdtitan

Tdtitan Newbie

I work retail for one of the major carriers, and the one that I work for will give you a 200 gift card if you trade in a non-damaged, functional smart phone and pre-order the note 4. As others have stated, this is for the pre order period so you can go online and go ahead and order that note 4. You'll receive a package to send your smartphone back when you receive your new note 4. The contract price is 299.99 and there is another promotion that will credit you a hundred dollars within two to three billing cycles, so it ends up being entirely subsidized in a short period of time. It really is a fantastic deal to get the best phone on the market for next to no upfront cost. You have to renew or activate a two year contract to receive these promotions with my carrier. Small price to pay considering you were likely not leaving your carrier anytime soon anyway. Good luck and happy shopping :)

21. Tdtitan

Tdtitan Newbie

correction...that bill credit offer is for getting the phone on the early upgrade program and for a new line of service only. My bad!

22. KupKrazy

KupKrazy Android Enthusiast

If I recall, it is the Edge that will (should?) have 32GB or 64GB version. The Note 4 was announced only with a 32GB version.

animeware and question729 like this.
  23. question729

question729 Android Enthusiast

What a bummer. I was hoping to expand my internal storage from what I already have in my S3. Thanks for the info.

24. KupKrazy

Now that I am ready to pre-order and take advantage of this Samsung $200 trade-in - how do I actually go about doing it? I understand the pre-ordering part, but where do I trade in my old phone? Do I go to any retailer like Best Buy or something and trade it in? I would pre-order it online via AT&T but there is no option to provide a trade in, or at least I haven't seen it. Can anyone enlighten me?

Thanks!

Edit: Think I found the answer. The major carriers also have online sites to do trade-ins, so I'm thinking that is where you'd do it!

25. KupKrazy

Yeah, it looks like they are only going with the 32GB route here. I'm actually just glad they don't have a 16GB version.

Speaking of memory - I guess I wonder if the micro SD card support is really limited to 64GB. My GS4 handles a 128GB micro SD fine but interesting that it not in the spec. I think the GS5 has 128GB micro SD card support in the spec.

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date was October 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 16MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 805 processor, and 3220mAh battery.

October 2014
Release Date
Reviews