• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New Replacement Phone...WTF!! and YEA BUDDY

Honestly its been what, almost a day now. Think about it, if you had a version 005, and no one else did, I sure as hell would take a pic and post it. Even if it was for bragging rights. Although I do like the idea that a 004 could be the white version of the Evo like the previous poster said. I smell a troll. And whats with the " . " posts OP?

The first "." post originally said something like, "here you go cry babies, I had to wait until I got off work."

That isn't word for word, but that's basically what it said. There weren't any pics included anyway, just that text. And then he edited it out to the ".".

Upvote 0
Honestly its been what, almost a day now. Think about it, if you had a version 005, and no one else did, I sure as hell would take a pic and post it. Even if it was for bragging rights. Although I do like the idea that a 004 could be the white version of the Evo like the previous poster said. I smell a troll. And whats with the " . " posts OP?

Maybe he is trying to upload pictures, but isn't tech savvy enough to figure it out.

Upvote 0
Build date is stamped in ink on the inside of the battery cover. Hold at an angle to light to see as they used black ink...

As for the hardware 0001 version, it was likely the alpha test version that never left HTC's labs.
Is this it? Inside my battery cover i have DT10.4.19 it's just left of the 71Hxxxx # under that is a PC-ABS then under that i have a 1 in a circle than right of that is a A in a circle.??..

Upvote 0
I just received a replacement from Sprint because of light leakage and wifi issues. The old one is hardware version 2 and the new one is version 3.
The light leakage is gone and wifi connectivity is much better,
The screen is definitely not as crisp and bright however.

I had both versions as well and both had/have light leakage. Wifes 0002 has none.

I do not see any differences in screen. Of course that is becuase I havn't looked for any.

I am hoping 3rd time is a charm when I pickup my EVO tonight.

Upvote 0
I had both versions as well and both had/have light leakage. Wifes 0002 has none.

I do not see any differences in screen. Of course that is becuase I havn't looked for any.

I am hoping 3rd time is a charm when I pickup my EVO tonight.

As I am waiting for the box to return the old one in I put them both side by side and can definitely tell a difference in the screens.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones