• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root New Root Method No Pc - Credit to MyFormIsCrack over on the rise forums

Sorry for the duplicate post I can't change the Title in the other post "New Firmware update - root problems" , So I am starting a new thread.

After trying several methods.. I was able to Root using POOT. Bin4ry's root method did not work for me (I Tried V2, v17, V18) And seeing as I rooted the Hydro over 10 times successfully prior to the Update I thought this would help others.

more info here:
http://androidforums.com/rise-all-things-root/686996-new-root-method-no-pc.html

Credit goes to MyFormIsCrack over on the rise forums.

icon1.gif
New Root Method No Pc

Prior even posting how can I make this my own thread instead of being sticked especially when I'm the only one so far who has this?

On my initial/first reply was solely asking to have this as a seperate thread and not being moved by a mod into the sticky.Basically you do the following:

1)Enable usb debugging in dev ops

2)Download poot: http://db.tt/0HqxEURT

3)Download minstro 2 from store

4)Download superuser from store

5)Run poot

6)Pushes su to xbin

7)Go into superuser and update binary (I skipped this step for some reason I lose root after doing this)

8)If done right you now have root

9)For testing on already rooted phones use temp unroot through superuser and repeat

this worked for the rise, and for me for the hydro. Bin4ry's root I could not get to work (after the "Kyocera Update Tool" downloaded and installed new formware ) hope this helps someone here.

If I helped you hit the thanks button!
I Have A Kyocera Hydro View And Poot Wont Let Me Root And I Really Need A Way To Root My Phone

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones