1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root New Root--unrevoked--power control in notification area

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jordrob15, Apr 28, 2011.

1. jordrob15

jordrob15 Lurker
    None

Apr 28, 2011
    Hello I'm new to Android and a friend rooted my new EVO 4G for me. Now in the notification area the is a power control area that allows to to shut off wifi, 3g, ringer, stuff like that. I've been searching for a way to get rid of that. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Advertisement

2. Tempusfugit

Tempusfugit Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 11, 2010
    whaaaaaat? Probably my favorite thing about being rooted..

[MOD][PORT][4G Reboot Fix][3/27/11] Power Control Widgets for Sense - 3.70 OTA - xda-developers

That's what I use to edit it, perhaps there's something about removing? I wonder if you delete the text in widget.txt if it will go away... ( I wouldn't try that unless you find out that's the right way of doing it)

3. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
    None

May 13, 2010
    Male
    being a flashaholic sponsor, helping others gettin
    los angeles
    i'm not exactly sure how you would go about that, but just remember that before you go making changes to your phone like that to always make a nandroid backup. i would also recommend that you not use rom manager. i would do everything manually from recovery as well.

oh yeah welcome to the forums!!!!

4. jordrob15

jordrob15 Lurker
    None

Apr 28, 2011
    Okay thanks for all your help. I read through the whole post on XDA and it doesn't look like it can be fully removed. If I restore my phone to factory settings (remove the root) will I have to setup my phone again or can I remove root access and keep all my apps and settings?

5. akazabam

akazabam Android Expert
    None

Jun 7, 2010
    Near Los Angeles
    That particular change is made in a few framework files. If you just use a blank widget.txt file, it will not remove it entirely. To do so, you'd need to replace the modified framework files with those that do not include this mod. That being said, you have a ROM that includes it, and some ROM developers have flashable mods to remove it. It would help to know what exactly you're running. Go to menu->settings->about phone->software information, and let us know what you see there for all entries, if you can. If absolutely nothing else, you can make a backup with titanium backup, flash a close-to-stock ROM, and restore some stuff. You'll have to redo some things, but not everything.

Tags: