1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

New S4 & Battery Charging

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by PotMonster, May 8, 2013.

1. PotMonster

PotMonster Newbie

Batteries nowadays don't need to be "cycled", which is great, but I'm still not knowing what steps to take with a new Li-ion battery. What do you guys suggest? One site recommends charging a brand new one for 8 hrs with the phone off and then letting it discharge to no less than 25% and then recharging it until 100%, but doesn't state if the phone should be on or off during the second charge. Another site recommends to initially let it drain to 5% and then charge to 100%. BTW, I am assuming that my phone will come at about 50% charged from what I've been reading. What do you guys do straight out the box? Please be specific if you can, thanks in advance!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Money_Mark

Money_Mark Well-Known Member

I used to be really into making sure my batteries were in properly cycled etc. After so many smart phones and now using Li-ion batteries, I've relized that these phones are now ready to go right out of the box. Use your phone until dead, or charge it up to 100% it wont make much of a difference IMO. At the end of the day, its over analyzed.

PotMonster likes this.
  3. Gone are those nokia days where yiu have to leave it charging for long hours.

Samsung Galaxy S4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S4 release date was April 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 5410 Octa processor, and 2600mAh battery.

April 2013
Release Date
Reviews