1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

New S8 - general queries??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by smurph1, Jun 29, 2017.

1. smurph1

smurph1 Android Enthusiast

I have just setup my first Samsung phone.
    Sadly, after being an HTC fan, but my carrier (and most others) no longer stock their phones (and I like to avail of purchase thru contract).

I have some queries:
    1. Wi-fi keeps showing exclamation marks at home and work, old phones didn’t do this! Has this handset any know Wi-Fi reception issues?
    2. Wi-Fi codes haven’t come thru automatically from google a/c backup? Though this didn’t happen with last phone, and I think only worked in 1-2 older upgrades, just annoying having to re-enter them again, when they should be present!
    3. Text messages have changed (I think) to chat, that may use data, how do I revert back to plain old SMS?

Observations:
    1. Bixby – unused as yet, but why oh why is it where it is? Every time I lock/unlock my phone in one hand, the Bixby button also gets activated, is there a reason for this location?
    2. Phone/contacts – this was much superior in HTC.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

I think Bixby still only speaks and understands Korean, and is only in Korea. The release of English and Mandarin Bixby has been delayed apparently.

Can't really comment about Samsung vs HTC. As I've never owned an HTC, and I just don't see many anyway.

#2 mikedt, Jun 30, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2017

Samsung Galaxy S8 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S8 release date was April 2017. Features and Specs include a 5.8" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 8895 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

April 2017
Release Date
Reviews