• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New Samsung Captivate user (AT&T)looking for itunes app

And just an FYI - ALL Samsung Captivates are AT&T....it is their branded version of the Galaxy S. Different carries have different names, so there's no need to specify.

Actually the Canadian company Rogers calls their galaxy S the Captivate also.

And seriously, the sole purpose of your post was to correct OP for putting AT&T in parentheses? Without even answering his question? For real? I hope it made you feel special.

And OP...when I first got my Captivate, I found an app called double twist. It transfered almost all of my itunes over. It did not transfer any DRM protected files.

Upvote 0
And seriously, the sole purpose of your post was to correct OP for putting AT&T in parentheses? Without even answering his question? For real? I hope it made you feel special.

I thought the question was answered above. I was just trying to provide a little info that the original poster didn't seem know. He had another post where he did the same thing. I was just trying to save him having to specify every time. Didn't mean it to sound snarky...sorry if it came off that way.

Upvote 0
Hope this is not too off topic and I don't mean to hijack this thread, but check your local library for free music downloads. Where I live the Seattle Public Library system subscribes to a music download service called "Freegal Music Collection" for their library card holders. There's a 3 per week download limit but the quality is good and there are no computer usage restrictions like iTunes has and the mp3 files easily transfer to Captivate. :)

Upvote 0
Worth noting that any encrypted iTunes songs will only ever be able to be played on an iPod or iPhone. I believe unencrypted versions of songs are now available for a premium, but that wasn't originally the case.DRM is evil. And Amazon MP3s are cheaper, higher-quality, and have always been DRM-free.

The songs i have purchased on iTunes i have saved out to MP3 and they load into the captivate, and play fine. However i will check out Amazon ... cheaper is better!!!!

KC

Upvote 0
The songs i have purchased on iTunes i have saved out to MP3 and they load into the captivate, and play fine. However i will check out Amazon ... cheaper is better!!!!

You can also use the Amazon MP3 Android app to browse, shop, purchase and download directly to your Captivate, from your Captivate.

Some info in the Captivate FAQ:

Media - CapFAQ

Upvote 0
Worth noting that any encrypted iTunes songs will only ever be able to be played on an iPod or iPhone. I believe unencrypted versions of songs are now available for a premium, but that wasn't originally the case.

DRM is evil. And Amazon MP3s are cheaper, higher-quality, and have always been DRM-free.

ive head a lot about this, but so far the stuff i purchased from itunes is playing on my captivate.....i havent tried ALL of it yet thoough

Upvote 0

Is there an app for my Samsung Captivate that will let me load itunes that we have been buying since the iphone came out? We are new to the Android but love it!!!

I use doubletwist and with the upgrade to AirSync you can automatically download all your photos, music (including. ITunes) and videos to your phone or back to PC via wifi . Really works great.

Upvote 0
First post here... iPhone 4G user too (reallly really really almost got a Captivate, but this reason was the deciding factor)

what you can do (and what I would recommend given your attachment to iTunes), would be to connect your Captivate to your computer as a disk drive and open the media folder on the connected phone. Then open iTunes. Run these two windows side by side and simply drag the songs from iTunes into the media folder for your captivate which will copy them onto the phone. This is the best way to keep iTunes as the media manager for your files without bringing a third party like DoubleTwist into the situation. Hope this works for you!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones