1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support New Samsung Galaxy S2!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by k1mnguy3n, Oct 4, 2011.

1. k1mnguy3n

k1mnguy3n Lurker
    None

Oct 3, 2011
    Hey everyone,

I have recently settled into using the Samsung Galaxy S2... my first smartphone which didn't use iOS! I realise now how inferior the iPhone is ;)

I love this phone, but it's starting to already show signs of cracking.. I've had it for 2 weeks now, and in the past few days, it's had a few problems. First of the problems is the touchscreen freezing on me, which was fixed with a reboot. Second was the home screen's complete disappearance: when I would go back to 'home' it would be just a black screen, I can access the last few apps I was using however by holding the 'home' button and selecting. Lastly, the phone has literally crashed on me a a couple of times.. shut down without warning (with the power-off tone?). I thought it ran out of batteries, but I turned it straight on again.

I don't wish to have to order a new handset unless this one is certain to be faulty... I mean it worked fine for a week, so it must be fine! Maybe some apps are causing trouble? What do you guys suggest?

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. Bnice

Bnice Guest
    None
    If you feel it may be an app, un-install all the apps or one at a time and see what happens. Nothing wrong with returning and replacing the device either.

3. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy
    None

May 10, 2011
    Male
    I fix stuff
    Over there <points>
    You probably got a defective unit. It happens. Return it to where you got it and ask for an exchange.

4. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member
    None

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
    Welcome to the forums!

Sorry for the circumstances, sadly, sometimes stuff happens. Which carrier on you with? I'd like to move this to the right SGS2 forum so if there are any software fixes unique to your model, you can get the help you need from owners of the same/similar model. :)

Overall, the SGS2 is enjoying a reputation of high quality, but sometimes either configuration errors creep in (those can be identified and fixed with help from other users) or lemons make their way off the assembly line (and then it's replace time) as the advice above suggests. Personally, I've had both happen and the resolution in each case was pretty painless. ;)

5. k1mnguy3n

k1mnguy3n Lurker
    None

Oct 3, 2011
    Thanks for the tips guys :) well for now it seems okay; cleared up the home page a bit and removed some apps. If it crashes a few times again I'll go for a replacement. Phone is from Vodafone by the way, but I use an Optus sim with it.
    Thanks again for your collective advice ;)

6. Gearu

Gearu Android Expert
    None

Apr 13, 2011
    Sad to see people getting defective units, they seem to be getting handed out again to the next person who comes along?

7. Sixel

Sixel Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 28, 2011
    I only know 3 people (including me) that has this phone. One has a defective battery and the other battery problems and has the problem like OP.

Why would they give defective units? Good thing I didn't have such unfortunate thing happen to me.