• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

new sd card almost useless

Rgarner

Android Expert
May 9, 2017
Hi, I just gotta a new Sandisk 32 gb SD card for this ZTE Z815 but it's nearly worthless. When I put it in it started working right away, but hardly anything is on it. I made sure to switch save location to SD. The only choice is to eject, and it still says low memory. I don't know how that could be, with 8 + 32 or 40 GB. Please help.

Hi, I just gotta a new Sandisk 32 gb SD card for this ZTE Z815 but it's nearly worthless. When I put it in it started working right away, but hardly anything is on it. I made sure to switch save location to SD. The only choice is to eject, and it still says low memory. I don't know how that could be, with 8 + 32 or 40 GB. Please help.

Upvote 0
Go to settings>storage and see how your SD card is listed. If it's listed as "portable" storage, then it's just another volume to be used for files. IT won't be part of your system storage.

I'm assuming that when you first inserted it you were prompted how to you it? What you want is adoptable storage, not portable. That way it will use the SD card as an extension of your internal memory.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones