• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help New SD Card - How do I tell tablet what to put on the SD Card

ckbeme

Mar 15, 2015
Midwest
I have an LG Gpad F8.0 and I just got an SD card for it. I've figured out how to determine what apps can go on the SD. But is there a way I can tell the tablet I want to store my photos, music, documents, movies, etc on the SD card?

My tablet internal storage is tiny - 16GB but only about 9 - 10 GB available to the user.
I have a 64 GB SD card. I wanna use that sucker!!

Also, I use ES File Explorer and Solid Explorer. ES File Explorer app calls my SD card 0123-4567. Solid Explorer calls it SD Card. My, how clever!

My first tablet was defective, and I'm getting ready to setup my replacement tablet ASAP. So I would like to have these little issues settled before I start loading my apps and data on the new tablet.

Thanks all.

Go into the settings of your camera app and see whether it let's you specify where pictures are stored.

There is no system wide default for this type of thing, where any particular app stores stuff depends on that app's settings. A media player will find the media wherever you put them. However if you want third party apps to be able to edit or delete files then with some Android versions that's not as easy on sd.

Reactions: IsaacGuti
Upvote 0
Thanks folks. No wonder I couldn't find anything in settings. But both of your replies helped.
Now if I was a developer, I'd be trying to come up with an app that would let you setup what goes to the SD card - I mean the major things.
The camera makes sense, and the media player does too. But sounds like I'll be doing a lot of manual moving things too.

TTYL

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones